I recently tried to change my desktop background and find that I cannot do so in a way that survives rebooting. I can change it during a session, and all works as expected, but after a reboot I get the default theme background.

I tried changing the file /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/home-background.conf to point to the image I wanted, but that did not work either: after a reboot it was rewritten to still point at the default theme background.

There must be a way to do this. What am I missing?

Originally Posted by gigapus View Post
I recently tried to change my desktop background and find that I cannot do so in a way that survives rebooting. I can change it during a session, and all works as expected, but after a reboot I get the default theme background.

I tried changing the file /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/home-background.conf to point to the image I wanted, but that did not work either: after a reboot it was rewritten to still point at the default theme background.

There must be a way to do this. What am I missing?
It should still be there with a reboot, but try changing the theme and going back, is the wallpaper still in the folder, try putting it in mmc2, the internal 2gb memory and then assign it, that should work.

Thanks for the input. I had begun to wonder if it was having issues with where the image was located: in the .images folder under MyDocs, which I have moved to mmc1 (and linked from /home/user). It is visible to the "set background" file browser and I can set it, but - as I described - it always forgets it.

It turns out that I can have it on mmc1, just not in the .images folder! I made a folder called .backgrounds (still under MyDocs) and put it there, but this folder was not visible in the file browser, so I removed the ".", and now it works! Just one of those things, I guess ...