Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester - United Kingdom
Originally Posted by aldevil View Post
1. Thanks Frals for this APP

2. my service provider has been sending me the configuration settings for MMS but i never get them on my N900. why?

3. How can i add another APN? i only have the datapackage..
2: MMS is not officially supported so you cannot "receive" the settings from your provider as fMMS is a third party application

3: Use fAPN to add another one, full instructions here (link also in first post! - you should read everything in the first post before you start!):
http://mynokiablog.com/2010/01/24/n9...ms-using-fmms/

Last edited by llaadd; 2010-04-17 at 08:26.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ By the swamp
Aldevil:

1. The N900 is not on the officially supported MMS device list, so when it tells your carrier's network that "hi, I'm an N900, wanna let me in?" the network checks that no, you have not been sent the MMS config but as the N900 is not on the officially supported devices' list, no message ever gets sent.

2. There's a handy app called fAPN in the repos for adding the necessary APN.

Edit: duh, someone's always faster than me

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by patt2k View Post
can anyone help me with this error? it's only while sending I can get MMS no problem

and can anyone quickly tell me how to view logs of fMMS?

nvm it works i forgot about mmsc the one for t mobile usa on second page that 1 user posted works

1 more i would want to ask why when I get mms or send everysingle other MMS is either with no name or every other MMS is named with the person who I sent MMS to?
- the error message indicates that the name you have for your APN is not resolving to a IP address, bit it indicates that it is a temporay problem - so I don't know. I guess you have checked the APN name is valid and is correct for your supplier. You can check that the APN name resolves by using the command: ping 'your-apn-name..com'
both from a PC on the internet an also from your phone. It should resolve to an IP on both.

You can view your logs as per the instructions in "frals" signature:
i.e. Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.

As Bob Marley said 'give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right'

Thanks should go to Frals...

BTW I also get "File Attachment was deleted from message due to size limitation" although the image is viewable!

Is this normal?

Originally Posted by HammY View Post
Hey !! I used Vodafone's online 'chat' and immediately got very helpful support and got MMS enabled on my SIM !! - result !!

Sent my 1st MMS (to myself - sad ) and I got 3 x alerts ???
- You have been sent a picture message by ......
- SMS push for MMS receive
- new MMS

...it works !!!!!

The SMS text message gives me a Vodafone URL and password to 'get my photo' where I immediately locked my account from next 10mins - not sure why I have this 'option' ...but fine.

I guess the 2nd & 3rd alert are linked and I have a MMS in fMMS

Oddly, the MMS message say's after the image: "File Attachment was deleted from message due to size limitation" ... any ideas.
The image is small: is 300 x168 a recognised 'standard' size for MMS ?

I well happy this is now working I just need to use it and get familiar with it.

Thanks for this great app !!

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by oweng View Post
As Bob Marley said 'give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right'

Thanks should go to Frals...

BTW I also get "File Attachment was deleted from message due to size limitation" although the image is viewable!

Is this normal?
I guess this is saying that the original full size image which you 'attached' has been deleted from the message, and replaced with the re-sized image <?>

Makes sense = the original image is still where and as it was, and the MMS message you retain only holds the re-sized image which is what your recipient sees.

The Following User Says Thank You to HammY For This Useful Post:
Frals,
Is there a possibility that we can see the forward option in the next versions?

Hello all

Im new to this but I know I can get this to work with some help I am on T - Mobile in the USA. under internet connections i have my new

mms

what should my setting be?

after that I go to fmms but i need help there to

thank you all

Originally Posted by audio View Post
Hello all

Im new to this but I know I can get this to work with some help I am on T - Mobile in the USA. under internet connections i have my new

mms

what should my setting be?

after that I go to fmms but i need help there to

thank you all
http://wiki.maemo.org/FMMS

thank you all is good here now.

works fine for me thanks again

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
ok, so i got it to receive again. i had to set it to polite i dont know why it makes a differerence. But here is the prob with sending now i get a error msg. it says Sending failed
ERROR 32 Broken pipe
Please make sure apn settings are correct

an idea about this?
Any word on this broken pipe error?

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python