Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
How much are iphones there?
The benefit of Google and similar search engines is that one does not have to ask such questions

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The benefit of Google and similar search engines is that one does not have to ask such questions
Yes, but why do I need google if I have pichlo!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Ok. Didn't realize you could get for such a low price in India. Guess the specs are a little on the low end but still seems like a bargan. I would definately buy one if LTE worked in US. Wonder what comparable android phone you could get for $75 in India. How much are iphones there?
Just wild guessing on my side, but I have another theory on the low price:

I compared the declared per unit value (found on zauba.com) of different Intex phones to their list price published on intex.in
For the six phones I looked at the surplus of list price compared to per unit value (CIF/CNF price) is between 78% (Aqua Music) and 99% (Aqua Q7N Pro). The surplus for the Aqua Fish is 13% only. It looks like the pricing for the Aqua Fish is extra competitive (maybe a subsidy from Jolla or Intex or both to accelerate market penetration?).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LameDuck For This Useful Post:
The lack of popular official social networking apps on sailfish platform makes me not want to buy it after jolla phone.

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
The lack of popular official social networking apps on sailfish platform makes me not want to buy it after jolla phone.
That luck of support is mainly due to the policy most social networking apps have, e.g. SFOS initially was supporting FB messenger directly, it was FB that changed the API and support then was dropped.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Reasons are irrelevant to those who want or need such services. The simple fact is, device A provides feature X, device B does not. Users have two options: get device A or manage without feature X. My preferred choice is the latter but I can hardly blame youmeego and others who go for the former.

If you are the supplier of device B and want to attract customers who want or need feature X, it is your job to make sure your device provides it. Otherwise you lose those customers. Simples. Blaming the provider of feature X is nothing but excuses.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Indeed, this boils down to 2 facts in general;
  • Those companies do not see it worthwhile to create applications to niche platforms; basically all you ever are going to get is official support for Android and iOS; all the others (SFOS, WP, Tizen, whatever) are considered as not relevant.
  • At the same time the said companies do not publish open API's to enable independent developers to create the applications. Instead they try to make it especially difficult to reverse-engineer and figure out how to connect to their services.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Sure, but that's just a longer way of saying what pagis said. It does not change the simple fact that if you "absolutely need" such a service, SFOS is not for you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sure, but that's just a longer way of saying what pagis said. It does not change the simple fact that if you "absolutely need" such a service, SFOS is not for you.
Im using FB on a daily basis with no issues on a Jolla C (browser).
Sure, the browser still has a long way to go, but at least FB is usable (on the contrary of Linkedin, but meh to Linkedin anyways).

Anyways, this is cool data, it appears there was no shipping in september tho. That sucks.

Compare it with other models (for instance replace the search terms with "intex aqua hd 5 5 with valid imei nos" ). Not bad, but still not pushing anymore?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2016-10-10 at 12:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ @Finland
Originally Posted by LameDuck View Post
According to their database it seems that 20 000 units of Intex aqua fish were imported from China to India in 5 batches. I would have guessed that its more than that, but well, it's a start!
[/SIZE]
The source appears correct. Aqua Fish phones are now "sold out" at both Snapdeal and Flipkart, Ebay still sells. So better hurry, if one likes to get one. I got mine just before my N9 fell down and went blank.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slate For This Useful Post: