Active Topics

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ Melbourne, Austrtalia
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
blackberry?
ROFL! good one!

For those who don't get it - the NSA paid blackberry for the ability to crack their users data.

Blackberry link

To avoid being misunderstood: I've nothing to hide - I just would rather be in control of where my data is stored and tracked, and of my encryption than any of the big brands allow me to be. Hence N9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamjrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
I tried BB Z10, 808,Jolla, Nexus 4 and I was always going back to the N9. Now I got BB Q10 and I am really happy with it. Screen is ok, although I miss the always on clock from N9, battery is ok, camera could be better but after Nokia 808 everything is trash. OS if fine and the keyboard. The keyboard is excellent. If you want something larger, BB Passport is a great choice, I would've bought if it was 0.5" smaller.
Hi Szymeczek34

Thanks,
I get what you are saying about the 808, I had an N8 before my N9.
I can't understand how any blackberry or android phone would meet my privacy expectations.

An option might be a Jolla if I can get one at a reasonable price. What made you go back to N9 from Jolla?

Thanks again,
Adam.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
There were actually two main reasons that made me go back to N9. I just couldn't stand how horrible the screen was. After C7 and N9 I was used to look at my phone no matter what the weather conditions were and with Jolla I was just going back in my mind to the old 5800 when I had to cover the screen every time I was outside and wanted to see anything. The other reason why I got rid of it was the size. I do not have small hands, they're quite normal I'd say, but I couldn't hold Jolla comfortably. Oh, and the thought of dropping it and paying 200€ for screen replacement wasn't helping either.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
OK I bought another N9.

I would like to have done more research,
I would like to have tried out a Jolla,
I would like to have tried out a Nexus 5 running Sailfish,
I would really really like to have ported Sailfish to a Fairphone2 - that is probably beyond me.
I would even like to have better understood the blackberry options,

but...

I found a N9 in good condition locally for a price that was much less than any of those options and...
I saved several hours at least that I can spend playing music and with my daughter.
That is compelling.
I guess next time I won't be so lucky?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamjrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Originally Posted by adamjrat View Post
a) can you tell me a up-to-date Samsung device that has a lesser CPU?
I was talking about the design, not the specs.
And I saw too many samsungs android based devices running so bad that they're could be easily beaten up by n9 or n900.

Originally Posted by adamjrat View Post
b) Where can I buy a new N9 built in the last 6 months?
Sorry, my mistake there. In early 2015 I was able to buy new n9, but now Im not sure if those are still manufactured. They are sometimes available on ebay, but need to watch out cause the chinesse fake n9 running around.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post: