Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...hones-for-now/

Another (not so small) player finally joins Google :-(

So WebOS only on Smart TVs, FirefoxOS nearly buried or maybe in your next fridge, BB10 ends as a car controlling system (QNX)

Hey Jolla, it's a good year to get Sailfish swimming instead of paddling around ;-) - stop fooling around and spreading marketing speech to your existing costumers - promote your OS to the world (and please deliver the next device ;-) )

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
I agree. Making positive PR and chasing new investors ain't gonna do it alone.

Joila needs to get some new income from sales and as almost every competitor has jumped upon the Android wagon it's it's now easier to stand out from the crowd and more important than ever that they continue to offer something unlike

Really hope to see some Sailfish devices released to the market soon - especially a tablet!

The Following User Says Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Seems like it's all BS according to BlackBerry:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/01/...inkId=20210858

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Seems like it's all BS according to BlackBerry:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/01/...inkId=20210858
Actually, it seems like a confirmation of the original article, as there is nothing in dispute with it.

In the blog post you linked, they do talk about releasing an Android phone, but nothing about releasing a BB10 one.

The only change in 2016 for BB10 will be two minor (X.X.X) versions which suggests it will be only/mostly bug fixes (which are essentially "security improvements"). They released their last BB10 phone in April 2015 and AFAIK it is still being sold, so I'd expect them to keep BB10 alive (via minor versions and bug fixes) for at least another 2 years to secure the support promised to customers (unless they go out of business), so no surprise there.

In fact, the original article sounds even more optimistic than the blog post, as it talks about releasing a new BB10 phone later, if they turn profitable this year. No such thing is, however, mentioned on the blog. Given that they still sell BB10 devices, this seems like a pure marketing non-promise, to create a notion that BB10 is not dead.

It is a sad news indeed, but nothing surprising. The release of Priv pretty much sealed the fate of BB10 - if the Priv is successful, they will go 100% Android. If it is unsuccessful, they will leave the mobile business.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Actually, it seems like a confirmation of the original article, as there is nothing in dispute with it.

In the blog post you linked, they do talk about releasing an Android phone, but nothing about releasing a BB10 one.

The only change in 2016 for BB10 will be two minor (X.X.X) versions which suggests it will be only/mostly bug fixes (which are essentially "security improvements"). They released their last BB10 phone in April 2015 and AFAIK it is still being sold, so I'd expect them to keep BB10 alive (via minor versions and bug fixes) for at least another 2 years to secure the support promised to customers (unless they go out of business), so no surprise there.

In fact, the original article sounds even more optimistic than the blog post, as it talks about releasing a new BB10 phone later, if they turn profitable this year. No such thing is, however, mentioned on the blog. Given that they still sell BB10 devices, this seems like a pure marketing non-promise, to create a notion that BB10 is not dead.

It is a sad news indeed, but nothing surprising. The release of Priv pretty much sealed the fate of BB10 - if the Priv is successful, they will go 100% Android. If it is unsuccessful, they will leave the mobile business.
Indeed, i should have read better. There are 2 updates planned..... Not devices

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: