Active Topics

Jolla C https://jolla.com/jollac

SAILFISH COMMUNITY DEVICE PROGRAM

JOIN THE SAILFISH COMMUNITY DEVICE PROGRAM

FUTURE IS OPEN

We believe in freedom. We dare to dream about a future where users, developers and companies alike can define their own mobile experiences without limitations.

Based on open source and amazing community, Sailfish OS is a fully customizable and people powered platform. The new Sailfish Community Device Program is for all who want to be in the frontline advocating or developing the platform and a more open future.

What’s included in the program:

LIMITED EDITION JOLLA COMMUNITY DEVICE - JOLLA C

Jolla C is the first ever Sailfish OS community device, with a limited 1,000 units available for our developer and fan community. Jolla C is used by Jolla developers and community members, and its users will naturally get all the latest vanilla Sailfish OS releases. Selected Jolla C users will be also invited to test Beta OS releases. With a quad-core Snapdragon™ processor, 2 GB memory, beautiful 5” HD display and dual SIM, Jolla C works beautifully with Sailfish OS. You will get to keep the device for yourself after the program period has ended. Also, bear in mind that as a community/developer device, the Jolla C and any accompanying material are provided as is and without any warranties (for details see the terms and conditions).

ACCESS TO SUPPORT SESSIONS AND MATERIAL

Take part in exclusive Jolla C specific developer support online sessions led by the Jolla R&D, design and product chiefs. As a program member and Jolla C owner you will also be eligible for device-specific support materials.

INVITATIONS TO EXCLUSIVE EVENTS

Be among the first 50-100 to Join the Sailfish Community Device Program and get an invitation to the International Jolla Community Day event on 17th of June 2016 in Helsinki. We aim to arrange also other events during 2016.

AVAILABILITY AND PRICE*

The Sailfish Community Device Program is valid until the end of May 2017. The program is open to both developers and enthusiastic community members who support Sailfish OS by developing or advocating the platform. Due to certifications and other requirements, Jolla C device can be shipped to EU countries, Norway and Switzerland only. We are working to make device shipments possible also to other key regions. Limited availability for up to 1,000 program participants.

*DISCLAIMER: The price of 169 EUR, including VAT and free-of-charge shipping, is the stated price for Finland. Final price will vary, depending on your country of residence.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Just placed my order 10 minutes ago
I guess this is probably the Intex device rebranded as Jolla C.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Yeah, dual SIM and rest of specs are the same, but Intex might not be shipping to Europe, so they addressed that (queue in doomsayers claiming there will be no Intex and this is the whole batch). The bit about no warranty is a bit worrying though and not sure if legal in EU

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
It's sad to see that the only means of payment outside of Finland is Paypal. Even credit card payment is handled via Paypal...

Anyway, placed my order, despite loathing Paypal.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Also ordered just now, hope they can meet their shipping target this time

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Let's see how SOON we will get that 'ghost device' and AROUND which CORNER it will SURPRISE us

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Yeah, dual SIM and rest of specs are the same, but Intex might not be shipping to Europe, so they addressed that (queue in doomsayers claiming there will be no Intex and this is the whole batch). The bit about no warranty is a bit worrying though and not sure if legal in EU
I suppose they framed it as a developer program. As such, you "get the device for free" as a perk of joining the program. Maybe they can get away with that.

Anyway, I also got on the bandwagon.
The price is OK, and I will have a backup for my curent, aging jolla.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikelima For This Useful Post:
No TOH?

10 chars

The Following User Says Thank You to Zero Six For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Just ordered.

Just in time to replace my Jolla with shattered glass I hope these devices will really end up in the hands of (current or future) developers, not resellers on ebay!

EDIT: Here is the photo of the recent disaster - the timing of refunds and device program is incredible.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-05-26 at 11:05.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I don't get it.
It's full price phone. It can be ordered by anyone(not only devs).
It has no warranty(or would be limited warranty).
So how exactly is it developers program?
How is it different from any Jolla product, except "limited" edition and less warranty thing, that somehow is actually just a godd advertising (everyone wants to be in the elite club that actually has limited phone labeled as dev one)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os