Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Just placed my order 10 minutes ago
I guess this is probably the Intex device rebranded as Jolla C.
Yeah, thanks for that warning. I was in the middle of ordering, wondering if I can even afford it after my recent extravagant expenses. Your post has made me go back and read the specks again and hey presto - 5" display. That has tipped my balance. Too big. Definitely not interested. Shopping cart -> empty!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yeah, thanks for that warning. I was in the middle of ordering, wondering if I can even afford it after my recent extravagant expenses. Your post has made me go back and read the specks again and hey presto - 5" display. That has tipped my balance. Too big. Definitely not interested. Shopping cart -> empty!
Yeah, it's huge unfortunately

Noticed that after ordering, but we'll see how big it is in reality. Still a good device to have and test apps on, but I might buy another Jolla ("1") after all.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
You can NOT cancel your order???
Nope, lol:
You may not make changes or cancel your Sailfish Community Device Program product order at any time after making the order.
And then this bit:
You may not cancel an order delivered to you by Jolla.
Wut?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Jolla C device and any accompanying material are provided as is and without any warranties.
Wtf, no warranty?!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
BTW, they're charging 69 euro more than Intex wanted to charge.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
BTW, they're charging 69 euro more than Intex wanted to charge.
Yeah, shame on them for trying to make money on the system they are developing

The Intex device is subsidized by Intex and Snapdeal, as it includes advertisements (Super Apps/Partner Space), while Jolla C has pure Sailfish OS without any of that, so the real device price would be probably higher
And how much of the rest is shipping from India to Finland (presumably), flashing clean OS, shipping from Finland to you and EU taxes and customs?

On the other hand, they save on warranty services, but in my opinion, the price is quite fair.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Really not sure if they are going for the great heist of 69k eruo here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
And how much of the rest is shipping from India to Finland (presumably), flashing clean OS, shipping from Finland to you and EU taxes and customs?
India has taxes, too. And they don't need to flash anything. Intex ships them phones already flashed and ready.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Ordered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muto For This Useful Post:
I was the same, but I was talked out of it pretty easily. And no warranty on it I really can't imagine build quality is top noch.

This will be the ultimate disposable phone!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os