Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
One of the most important rules of the internet is that nobody has ever read a sticky.
No one ever reads text written in ALL CAPS either. Which is why all EULAs are written that way.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Back to thread topic.
What I am thinking, is that it might be possible to switch USB modes, so that the device will expose its NAND thru USB, and allow us to mount it in linux.
Then, following that, we could restore the device partitions, from a copy of a working device. Or, in Jolla C, perhaps from thoise backup partitions.

I didnt test, but perhaps Jolla exposes more modes in this condition. Like it was found for Samnsung devices, which exposed 2 modes, allowing to access the modem, make calls, etc.

https://github.com/ud2/advisories/tr...ocve-2016-0004

Tells how this was done on Samsung devices.
And

https://github.com/ud2/advisories/bl.../usbswitcher.c

Have a exploit that might be modifiable to work (if more modes avail).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
It must be possible to switch between modes. However the Qualcomm Tools didn't make it obvious on how to do so. Judging from the advice from androidunbrick as stated in my post here: https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...2&postcount=26

it's necessarry to have the flashable files to get it to fire up EMMC exposure mode again - and without those files it wouldn't be possible. I don't think however, that the mode that exposes EMMC somehow relies on working partition tables or any files from NAND. It would make much more sense if the exposure itself would remain independent and there actually IS a way to achieve what you're suggesting.

I guess without someone with deep technical knowledge in the field, we're a bit stranded :-(

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoritzJT For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MoritzJT View Post
It must be possible to switch between modes. However the Qualcomm Tools didn't make it obvious on how to do so. Judging from the advice from androidunbrick as stated in my post here: https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...2&postcount=26

it's necessarry to have the flashable files to get it to fire up EMMC exposure mode again - and without those files it wouldn't be possible. I don't think however, that the mode that exposes EMMC somehow relies on working partition tables or any files from NAND. It would make much more sense if the exposure itself would remain independent and there actually IS a way to achieve what you're suggesting.

I guess without someone with deep technical knowledge in the field, we're a bit stranded :-(
What I need, is a bricked device

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
What I need, is a bricked device
Where to?

Well I would also be extremely careful if my device wasn't bricked. Maybe we succeed switching modes once, but not back to normal. So far I see why you'd need one. I could send mine over if you're keen on experimenting, but I don't see why you'd do it - you get nothing out of it - there's nothing I can offer.

Currently I'm waiting for Jollas reply to my flashing images rant I attached to my support request. James has been relaying that info to the team and is awaiting a proper response. Afterwards I'll see what to do next.

Meanwhile I'll try to tinker with Qualcomm tools again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoritzJT For This Useful Post:
Here's a good topic on qualcomm diag modes and restore, although you need to know russian.
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=643084&st=4240

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
I had come across that forum, however I know no russian and google translate does a miserable job at tech talk But maybe someone can scan these pages? Thank you for the link!

The Following User Says Thank You to MoritzJT For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by MoritzJT View Post
I had come across that forum, however I know no russian and google translate does a miserable job at tech talk. But maybe someone can scan these pages? Thank you for the link!
Perhaps ask coderus?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Greece-Athens
I bricked my Intex fish too. Where can i find the firmware for flashing from pc?

The Following User Says Thank You to gerstavros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:

Tags
bricked, flashing, jollac