Active Topics

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ India
Originally Posted by padmaraj.ravi View Post
How can i know , if my phone is sending this sms. I havent been able to see these said messages. After buying the phone , i have travelled internationally and used it in at least two countries . I still havent noticed any drop in my account balance. If it was sending messages , i would have at least noticed when i was on international roaming. Is there any logs or sent messages folder which i can check to see if this is happening. Or is this occurring to only few phones?
Can you check if this file exist on your phone?

Code:
/mnt/vendor_data/.sms-activation-intex-done

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhavin192 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attoiu View Post
how about this link?

https://together.jolla.com/question/...rom-aqua-fish/

(haven't tried yet, my device is still on its way)..
That could work. I didn't try. Would uninstalling packages automatically remove services? I hope so, assuming those are related. I just wanted to disable the automatic SMS issue after every boot. I feel AquaFish's updates would be channelled through the intex repo. So except that, removing all other related packages may be alright. Will check those later. I have the partner space removed anyway by uninstalling gaana application.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Originally Posted by bhavin192 View Post
Can you check if this file exist on your phone?

Code:
Nope . I dont have that file in my phone. I have the vendor_data folder , but there are no hidden files inside that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
Would need to reset device again to confirm but booted Aqua Fish without SIM cards and only used WLAN for first 24 hours; after which switched off and inserted 2 SIMs and set to always ask for which SIM to use to send message and pretty sure it has not tried to send anything. Have checked journalctl entries for last 24 hours.

One week on and without rebooting device elicits this output:-

[root@Sailfish nemo]# systemctl --user status sms-activation-intex.service
sms-activation-intex.service - Sends an activation SMS to Intex
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/sms-activation-intex.service; disabled)
Active: inactive (dead) since Thu 2016-08-04 13:48:21 BST; 1 weeks 0 days ago
Process: 15954 ExecStart=/usr/libexec/sms-activation-intex (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 15954 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup: /user.slice/user-100000.slice/user@100000.service/sms-activation-intex.service

After rebooting device, elicits this response:

[root@Sailfish nemo]# systemctl --user status sms-activation-intex.timer
sms-activation-intex.timer - Sends an activation SMS after the device has run for 3 hours
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/sms-activation-intex.timer; disabled)
Active: active (waiting) since Fri 2016-08-12 06:05:56 BST; 7h ago

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2016-08-12 at 12:31. Reason: Effect after rebooting

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Would need to reset device again to confirm but booted Aqua Fish without SIM cards and only used WLAN for first 24 hours; after which switched off and inserted 2 SIMs and set to always ask for which SIM to use to send message and pretty sure it has not tried to send anything. Have checked journalctl entries for last 24 hours.
May be ask always does the trick for now
Do you have the file?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhavin192 For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE
Do you have the file?
/mnt/vendor_data/.sms-activation-intex-done[/QUOTE]

No, because it appears that it has never tried to activate as yet, another possibility is that as I am using device in UK and it only looks for Indian Telecom providers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
This is almost the same way i started using my device. Used it without sim for couple of hours . Then inserted the sim. And inserted the second sim only when i was travelling. One is an indian sim and the other is an an international one. No sms till now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
I also have the aquafish and it does send an sms daily to the number mentioned. I am not too familiar to the Linux commands but have enabled developer mode and have executed the commands of stopping the service and masking the timer. The sequence followed by me is first I stopped and disabled the service as nemo with user option, then I stopped and masked the timer as root with and without user, then I again stopped and disabled the service.

using journalctl I can see that is returns the value that the timer is stopped

I am not aware how to check the process is disabled or not if somebody could guide me I would like to check it out

Let me see what happens

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dillihifi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dillihifi View Post
I also have the aquafish and it does send an sms daily to the number mentioned. I am not too familiar to the Linux commands but have enabled developer mode and have executed the commands of stopping the service and masking the timer. The sequence followed by me is first I stopped and disabled the service as nemo with user option, then I stopped and masked the timer as root with and without user, then I again stopped and disabled the service.

using journalctl I can see that is returns the value that the timer is stopped

I am not aware how to check the process is disabled or not if somebody could guide me I would like to check it out

Let me see what happens
It's simple

you can check status of any service by status
Code:
systemctl --user status sms-activation-intex.service
Better if you disable the service as root.

Last edited by bhavin192; 2016-08-11 at 02:12.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bhavin192 For This Useful Post:
This is what the journal reads after I saw that today also it had sent an sms. I again executed the commands listed here.

[root@Sailfish nemo]#
[root@Sailfish nemo]#
[root@Sailfish nemo]#
[root@Sailfish nemo]#
[root@Sailfish nemo]# journalctl -b|grep sms-activation
Aug 11 18:24:54 Sailfish sms-activation-intex[23915]: [W] ActivationService::messageStateChanged:227 - Unable to record that an activation was successfully sent.
Aug 11 18:24:54 Sailfish sms-activation-intex[23915]: [W] ActivationService::messageStateChanged:228 - "Permission denied" "/mnt/vendor_data" true
Aug 11 22:13:37 Sailfish systemd[1]: Stopped sms-activation-intex.timer.
[root@Sailfish nemo]#

Though in the morning I had disabled and masked the timer as well as stopped and disabled the service I find the status command gives the following output

[root@Sailfish nemo]# systemctl --user status sms-activation-intex.service
sms-activation-intex.service - Sends an activation SMS to Intex
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/sms-activation-intex.service; disabled)
Active: inactive (dead) since Thu 2016-08-11 18:24:54 IST; 3h 44min ago
Process: 23915 ExecStart=/usr/libexec/sms-activation-intex (code=exited, statu s=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 23915 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup: /user.slice/user-100000.slice/user@100000.service/sms-activation-inte x.service

[root@Sailfish nemo]# systemctl --user status sms-activation-intex.timer
sms-activation-intex.timer - Sends an activation SMS after the device has run fo r 3 hours
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/sms-activation-intex.timer; disabled)
Active: inactive (dead) since Thu 2016-08-11 18:24:54 IST; 3h 45min ago

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dillihifi For This Useful Post:

Tags
activation sms, aqua fish, intex