Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
@mosen Yes I'm Turkish, but live in the Netherlands.
TNT also added some 'administration' money (€15) on top of it... That is why it's high.

Should I contact Jolla in this case..?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
@mosen Yes I'm Turkish, but live in the Netherlands.
TNT also added some 'administration' money (€15) on top of it... That is why it's high.

Should I contact Jolla in this case..?
Yes! All we can do is guess from our experience.
First try to find out what exactly it is you have to pay (vat/duty/other) and then tell Jolla and ask how they can help.

Nice to realize you just moved from ~3000km to max 300km distance in my estimate (living 40km from Netherland border)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
@wonko, totally!

All i wanted to point out is that my vat hint for german users propably has nothing to do with HtheBs case and not wanting to make him hope into that direction.
My guess is he will have to pay or find other means to challenge tnt or the authorities, sadly.
Hehe, indeed.
I didn't want to sound like a smart alec, which, on the second time of reading my post, I probably did.

Anyway, the good news seems to be that HtheB already has his JollaC and that it's "just" some formal things that need to be sorted out.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for this as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
In my case TNT Bulgaria insisted that what I paid to Jolla was not VAT but "some tax" (since VAT had to be collected by BG Customs and not by some company), so they proceeded to apply VAT on the whole sum (~160 EUR), thus it was a bit higher. This was probably expected by the chinese company sender, as they agreed to pay for it. However this happened 3 weeks after the package arrived in Bulgaria - during all this time I was the middle man between TNT Bulgaria and Jolla support and even a call from them didn't clear the things up. Almost a week after Jolla support called them TNT Bulgaria somehow understood how to handle DDP and the package cleared in a day.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Alright, I'll call TNT and will contact Jolla support to see what they have to say about all these....

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Nice to realize you just moved from ~3000km to max 300km distance in my estimate (living 40km from Netherland border)
hahaha well, I've been over here my whole life (born in the Netherlands )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Mar 2016 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
The problem here is that I suddenly got a letter out of nowhere. TNT should have told me before handing over the package... Let's see what will happen when I contact them
The same happened to me with DHL and my chimport Jolla Tablet. They sent the customs invoice days after I had received the tablet, while I was on vacation, with a ridiculous payment time of 10 days (of course from the time they had sent the bill)... So when I got back from my vacation, I had both the original invoice and the first reminder waiting in my mailbox :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rolh For This Useful Post:
So... Just called TNT and told me that I just had to pay after all.. Because it's coming from Hong Kong.
I told them I've ordered it from Finland. Also told them that many other users online had the same issue and that they showed the invoice with the VAT and that they do not need to pay again.

She took some notes, and they'll be getting in touch with me when they have some news...

I'm not paying the these taxes... Because like I said to them, I wouldn't accept the package if I had to pay taxes at the end....

Contacted Jolla Care, this was their reply:

Hello.

Sorry to learn of this.

According to our records VAT was paid.

And, as this was a DDP = delivery duty paid shipment, which was clearly printed on the customs invoice, this request from them is simply wrong.

We kindly advise that you advise them of the above, i.e., that it is a DDP shipment. Furthermore, they should contact the sender for any missing/additional cost issues.

Sorry for the hassle. And, should you still require assistance in the matter, you may reopen the case by replying to this message.

Sincerely,
Jolla Customer Care
Edit: I called TNT once again, and since I've already contacted TNT about this, they told me to wait at least 2 days until the case has been resolved... So, right now, I just have to wait for their reply.

Last edited by HtheB; 2016-08-15 at 14:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
A little help coming your way

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
A little help coming your way
Thanks, but I don't think I deserve it at this moment.
(I probably don't need to pay for it at the end I guess)

There are other devs who are really deserving those helps

Tags
customs, jolla c, not happy