Active Topics

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Thanks, but I don't think I deserve it at this moment.
(I probably don't need to pay for it at the end I guess)

There are other devs who are really deserving those helps
Helping others, by development, or, line you, to obtain devices, deserves recognition.
You derserve as much as any other here.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Got myself in similar situation, only that in my case Fedex Greece asked for 146 euros. After repeated mails and phonecalls, they contacted sender and automagically fee was paid (by sender), and I got my device without paying a penny.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Sooo, about 6 weeks ago I received a Jolla C and today I got an invoice from TNT regarding customs.
Any hints at how to proceed with this? For instance, where can I find the information that it was a DDP shipment?

Regards, n900user259

The Following User Says Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
Sooo, about 6 weeks ago I received a Jolla C and today I got an invoice from TNT regarding customs.
Any hints at how to proceed with this? For instance, where can I find the information that it was a DDP shipment?

Regards, n900user259
I got ANOTHER (the same) invoice from them. Just call them and they will revert it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Ok, I will give them a call but don't you need to prove that customs has already been paid? How do I go about that?
This is the first invoice I got from them (and hopefully the last).

The Following User Says Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
How is that even legal in the first place? They deliver a package, mention nothing of extra costs, then suddenly they ask you to pay? Does the business transaction not end the second you sign a paper confirming you've received the package?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Ok, I will give them a call but don't you need to prove that customs has already been paid? How do I go about that?
It should be written somewhere on the label the sender placed on the package. TNT should have sent it scanned along with the message (or check the packaging of the Jolla C, since you already received it). Though as nthn had put it - this shouldn't be very legal, as you may have destroyed the packaging...

Last edited by Bundyo; 2016-08-24 at 13:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
How is that even legal in the first place? They deliver a package, mention nothing of extra costs, then suddenly they ask you to pay? Does the business transaction not end the second you sign a paper confirming you've received the package?
Not necessarily. Goods, payments and invoices often travel by different channels. It is not uncommon to receive the invoice after you've received the goods.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not necessarily. Goods, payments and invoices often travel by different channels. It is not uncommon to receive the invoice after you've received the goods.
Indeed. This global economy we live in doesn't act lice your local grocery store

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Just tell them that it is a DDP (they know what it is)
Also, tell them that they are.thiefs and that they try to steal money from people who are unfamiliar with these things.
The could make a 1time mistake, but as I've seen it's not a mistake at all! They just try to gwt money even when they don't have the rights for it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
customs, jolla c, not happy