Active Topics

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Greece-Athens
I have a serious problem with my Intex Aqua Fish. Battery is draining too fast. I can lose almost 30% battery in one day with wifi,bt closed, no sim card, and no use at all, screen off. I ve heard also some times a reccuring camera focus sound without using the camera. Anyone experienced such problem? How can i check if phone doesn't go to deep sleep mode, or check the wakelocks?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerstavros For This Useful Post:
Seems to be a common problem on 2.0.2, the battery drain is awful: https://together.jolla.com/question/...battery-drain/

As for the camera focus sound: https://together.jolla.com/question/...screen-is-off/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Seems to be a common problem on 2.0.2, the battery drain is awful: https://together.jolla.com/question/...battery-drain/

As for the camera focus sound: https://together.jolla.com/question/...screen-is-off/
well... disapointing.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
Originally Posted by gerstavros View Post
I have a serious problem with my Intex Aqua Fish. Battery is draining too fast. I can lose almost 30% battery in one day with wifi,bt closed, no sim card, and no use at all, screen off. I ve heard also some times a reccuring camera focus sound without using the camera. Anyone experienced such problem? How can i check if phone doesn't go to deep sleep mode, or check the wakelocks?
install SystemDataScope. %-s are batt energy in W*h, not capacity in mA*h. I see for last 8 hours avr.discharge current 0.1mA in Standby(both sims=on, BT=WiFi=off, update_time_for_all=manual), deltaV=4.15V-4.071V, -0.58 W*h and -7%.
maybe 7% are weird to see, but 0.1 mA it's very good, imho.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
same here bro, now I'm thinking of selling it . didn't notice camera focus sound though.

The Following User Says Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Sometimes this happens to me as well with Jolla C, and it seems that Android support is the reason for that. A process called 'system_serve' starts to use a lot of memory (more than 10%) and therefore it drains battery. Switching Android-support off and on (or reboot) once a week or so seems to help.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peccelius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by XOleg View Post
install SystemDataScope. %-s are batt energy in W*h, not capacity in mA*h. I see for last 8 hours avr.discharge current 0.1mA in Standby(both sims=on, BT=WiFi=off, update_time_for_all=manual), deltaV=4.15V-4.071V, -0.58 W*h and -7%.
maybe 7% are weird to see, but 0.1 mA it's very good, imho.
i had checked it before i do factory reset and i had ~130mAh drain with anyting closed...
Originally Posted by Peccelius View Post
Sometimes this happens to me as well with Jolla C, and it seems that Android support is the reason for that. A process called 'system_serve' starts to use a lot of memory (more than 10%) and therefore it drains battery. Switching Android-support off and on (or reboot) once a week or so seems to help.
I ve closed the aliendalvik.

I ll wait for next update, hope it gets fixed.
Btw i read that 2.0.1.11 didn't have such bug. Can i downgrade intex to 2.0.1.11?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
i had checked it before i do factory reset and i had ~130mAh drain with anyting closed...

I ve closed the aliendalvik.

I ll wait for next update, hope it gets fixed.
Btw i read that 2.0.1.11 didn't have such bug. Can i downgrade intex to 2.0.1.11?
yes, I've stopped aliendalvik.
Intex, v.2.0.2.51.

The Following User Says Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
AlienDalvik is a battery drainer but has nothing to do with the new drain caused by 2.0.2 because the drain happens regardless of it being on, regardless of WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile data, network, flight mode, number of running applications, synchronising accounts, tracker indexing, brightness, temperature, and most importantly it is in no way related to aging batteries.

I would appreciate it if people would stop denying the issue the issue because they've been suffering from it since the beginning. Those bold enough to downgrade to 2.0.1 have no drain anymore, as it was before they first updated to 2.0.2.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I strongly deny denying anything. My battery life has always been about a day from a full charge in the morning to anything between 70% and 0% in the evening of the same day, depending on use. The only time I saw 70% at the end of the day was when I left the phone at home and could not use it during the day. By far the biggest drain is simply using the phone. Every minute of browsing costs about 1% of battery power. Browsing continuously for 2 hours can drain the battery completely.

My other half's observation is consistent with mine. She never uses her Jolla, she merely charges it once every three days and leaves it on the shelf, moaning constantly how short-lived the Jolla's battery is compared to her 7 years old Nokia 5800 (with still the original battery) that she uses all the time and charges once per week.

This was the same from day one when I first received my Jolla with OS 0.9 and remained like that for the past two years or so. Replacing the battery with a new one from eBay has made exactly zero effect, as has upgrading to 2.0.2. I have never used or even installed AD and am happy to believe that AD may have a detrimental effect.

This is about Jolla Jolla, also known as Jolla 1. Jolla C or Fish may be different.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: