Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I had some problems with my headphones when using it on the Jolla C, it probably was a bit loose so I kept losing the microphone functionality; I had to re-plug the headphones and make sure that I don't touch it again, otherwise it'll lose the microphone again from my headphones.

So I decided to open up the Jolla C.
I bend the pins a bit so it will make good contact again.

Then I noticed that the camera was a bit loose.
I thought; This might be the reason why the camera is making those clicking noises.

So I unplugged the ribbon cable from the camera, just to find out that the bottom part of the camera had still the protection layer of the sticker on it!? Oh god.. seriously!?

So the camera is basically loose the whole time...
Now that I removed that protection, the camera does not wobble anymore.

I'll let you guys know if this actually solve the camera problems (and my headphone problems )

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Headphone problems solved!
Camera problem not confirmed yet

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I had (almost) the same problem with my Jolla 1. After a few months of use, the main speaker went completely silent. Opening up the phone and bending the pins solved it. 18 months on and still going strong.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I had (almost) the same problem with my Jolla 1. After a few months of use, the main speaker went completely silent. Opening up the phone and bending the pins solved it. 18 months on and still going strong.
I'm afraid that my problem will reoccur after some time though, if I plug my headphones in and out

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Still worrying physical quality. Unfortunately Jolla never being well on hardware side.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I'm afraid that my problem will reoccur after some time though, if I plug my headphones in and out

Save to a good BT headset instead such as:

http://www.philips.se/c-p/SHB9850NC_...brusreducering

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Save to a good BT headset instead such as:

http://www.philips.se/c-p/SHB9850NC_...brusreducering
Have you ever tried using a bluetooth headset on Jolla(C) with Skype?

Right now, I'm using the Shure SE215
http://www.shure.com/americas/produc...ting-earphones

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Interesting, one of 3 or 4 times I have sent the cursed thing back to Jolla care was for the reason you mention.
Replacement or fixed speaker never really worked in terms of being able to attract attention in time to answer phone. That is because the sound is just sounding so thin and lacking body, it is like a background hiss.
Just learned to live with the fact that it is not a good phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Apple has a solution for you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Digging up an old thread, I know, but it seemed more appropriate than creating a new one.

How are your Jollas and AquaFish phones holding up? I got my AquaFish just 4 months ago and I'm really worried about the build quality of the device (and since I'm in Europe, I doubt I could get the thing serviced/replace in a reasonable time without additional cost, I guess). Despite my greatest efforts - really, I treat all my devices with care - I noticed that some kind of plastic coating is peeling off (or rather, crumbling) around the screen, revealing glossy plastic. It feels bad in hand and looks terrible. I assume it's just a manufacturing defect in my unit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pisarz1958 For This Useful Post: