Active Topics

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by MaemoUser View Post
...DIY Tutorial...
Thank you very much for your detailed tutorial! I think I'll try it as well, just hope I won't fry my Jolla C in the process

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
There is spare battery available in India, but it wont ship oversea
Could you please point me to it? If you mean the maxbhi site, it is sold out and judging from the 0% fulfillment ratio and fake reviews from 2014 (Intex Aqua Fish was released in the summer of 2016 and all the reviews are dated earlier), it looks like it never was available.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
what a hack... isn't it easier just to resolder top from jolla battery to other one than "move" pins to different position???

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ Lobsann, France
Nice DIY tutorial you made there MaemoUser

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ced117 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
what a hack... isn't it easier just to resolder top from jolla battery to other one than "move" pins to different position???
I don't think this is easier as there are electronics hidden behind the top (temperature sensor). So I would say this is the "best" solution to get the contacts to the matching site.

And it's more dangerous for the average people as you need to really watch your temperature because you are soldering directly at the battery. You also need much better equipment with even finer tips for the soldering iron. And you could destroy both batteries while doing so. Especially when one is already in a bad condition I wouldn't touch it with heat. Or open it in any way.

The old battery:

Last edited by MaemoUser; 2017-01-16 at 11:20.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MaemoUser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ @Finland
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Thank you very much for your detailed tutorial! I think I'll try it as well, just hope I won't fry my Jolla C in the process

Could you please point me to it? If you mean the maxbhi site, it is sold out and judging from the 0% fulfillment ratio and fake reviews from 2014 (Intex Aqua Fish was released in the summer of 2016 and all the reviews are dated earlier), it looks like it never was available.
According to the import-export data base 300 spare batteries entered India in August, so there seems to be some around. But apparently not for sale over internet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slate For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Guys, small question... why not to use only adhesive copper foil instead soldering wires ?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Guys, small question... why not to use only adhesive copper foil instead soldering wires ?
Why indeed.

I can see at least two reasons. One, the contacts are in the wrong order and the wires need to cross. Not impossible to do with copper foil (after all, all you need is a layer of sticky tape for isolation), but easier to do with wires, which you are better off doing anyway for reason two, you need to solder to the battery's original contacts. An adhesive copper foil does not make such a good and reliable connection, if it makes any at all.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Thanks...
1. We can use both sides of battery to put the foil (or i'm wrong ?) In this case we have only one cross of foils that can be isolated with small patch of something..
2. About bad connection of foil, I will check when I will get my new battery.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
in heavy use phone can use 1A or similar, and your foil will heat so much and can damage phone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
in heavy use phone can use 1A or similar, and your foil will heat so much and can damage phone.
I thought about heating, but didn't was sure... Probably you are right and we need wires... that's all...
My original battery is terrible, really bulky, hope it will not explode before I will get new battery

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, diy project, jollac