Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by vakkov View Post
The megaupload links work fine! These sources are from April 2011 when Nokia made symbian ^3 open for a while.
link pls?..

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
two year old source codes were for S60v6 and v3 not for Symbian^3. now leak codes are of symbian^3 the latest one.
Got my answer before asking it.

would love to have symbian but considering the interest of developers, I wouldn't expect it to happen. There was a guy who wanted to port the j2me part from symbian to maemo from the old source code but without much success.

I've just got the link! But, is it legal if I post the link here?

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by AWasisto View Post
I've just got the link! But, is it legal if I post the link here?
Post here?? hmm not sure, but I think it would be legal if you PM the links to the members who need it!

like him for example:

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Link doesn't work anymore.

Any mirrors?
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
link pls?..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
someone should atleast give it a try. rejecting porting symbian to n900 without even trying.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
someone should atleast give it a try. rejecting porting symbian to n900 without even trying.
You really have absolutely NO IDEA what it is you are asking for do you?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
You really have absolutely NO IDEA what it is you are asking for do you?
he neither knows when to quit. no matter how many will tell him that the operation is next to impossible, requiring something like 1000 manhours etc...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
I seriously don't understand why anyone would want to use S^3 on the N900 for anything more than giggles. If you want S^3 instead of Maemo, why haven't you bought an E7 already? If I had to choose between some patched-up leaked shady S^3 on an N900 and Symbian Belle on an E7, I'd pick the E7 in a heartbeat. But as I don't have to choose, I just bought myself another N900.

Also, porting Maemo or Meego to an E7 has been discussed earlier, and the conclusion was pretty much that no Symbian device has the muscle to run them smoothly enough for any real use.

Besides, E7 has a lower-resolution capacitive suckyscreen (have fun using VNC without a stylus), no memory card slot, non-changeable battery, and is goddamn aluminium-slippery to hold. It LOOKS better in pictures on the internet, but is worse in almost every thinkable way.

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
Why is TMO being used to discuss software that is likely pirated?
Inter arma enim silent leges.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aonsaithya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Start it then, and bring your Indian friends along the way, goddamnit.

any chance that 3G video call functionality can be taken and made to work on the n900? it would make this device complete in my opinion.

Tags
porting, u-boot