Notices

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Denmark
I suggest you keep the name, og maybe Uniremote, naaarrhhh, keep the name. I will look forward to the new application. Hey, yell if you need a beta tester :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to franz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by helex View Post
So, after several tests I realized that I have to rewrite the most of this application to be able to run it later at the MeeGo devices... so prepare yourself for a hopefully great QML User Interface!
Just having bough a dreambox, I found this thread by search. Is there any progress on the meego port?

The Following User Says Thank You to pcfe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pcfe View Post
Just having bough a dreambox, I found this thread by search. Is there any progress on the meego port?
Yeah, I'm currently developing and working on it in every free minute I have. The last time on Friday night (worked on a possibility to display remote controls and screenshot at the same time)
I began the development some Months ago and have now mostly everything working. I still need to add more remotes, have to work on some design parts and the status icon (transfer status).
I guess I would need 3 more weekends before it is ready for a first release. So stay tuned.
Ah, and with MeeGo I hope you mean the Nokia N9. A Symbian release is also planed (was hard to make the remotes completely scalable across different resolutions). A release for MeeGo tablet is not planed and I will think later if it is easy to backport DreamRemote 2.0 to the N900. Thought about it already but never tested if it could work (many qml Components used)

What Dreambox have you bought?

I have currently support for DM7025 and DM800 implemented. I will add the support for others before the release.

I thought already about creating a small youtube video with the current status of the development to get some feedback for the user interface. But I failed with the first try and I'm not sure if it is wasted time or not. A video is still only a video. Nothing compared to real testing and I don't want to set myself under presure. I'm afraid to release it to early and with to many bugs.
There is still a lot to do and I want a perfect working application. I don't want to get immediately a bad feedback because of a early beta status.

Perhaps I will release a working beta but with some limitations. I need to sell it later for a small amount of money at the ovi store. And if a full functional beta is working great I'm afraid nobody would buy my creation.
I hope you will be fine with a version you have to pay for. But in my current situation I can't work on Software totally for free.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
As promised, I just released DreamRemote for the Nokia N9.

It currently only supports very new Dreambox receiver with Enigma 2, but a first update should arrive at the end of the week with support for more models.

i Have vision 800HD, how to determine type of remote to choose? (enigma, etc.) thanks a lot

Originally Posted by slipkornsaad View Post
i Have vision 800HD, how to determine type of remote to choose? (enigma, etc.) thanks a lot
You mean this receiver?

http://moresat.net/receivers3/vision...800/index.html

I've never seen such a device before. If it runs Enigma (a special Linux for set top boxes) you can try one of the both Enigma types.
DreamRemote is currently only compatible with Enigma based Receiver from Dream Multimedia, VDR Project, and old dbox2 receiver with a custom image called neutrino.

If there is a good documentation aviable for your receiver from vision I will try to integrate the needed code to get it working. But I would need some help to do this.

Last edited by helex; 2012-02-27 at 13:46.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
First of all, thank you for working on this, much appreciated!

Ah, and with MeeGo I hope you mean the Nokia N9.
Yes.

What Dreambox have you bought?
7020 HD

I thought already about creating a small youtube video with the current status of the development to get some feedback for the user interface. But I failed with the first try and I'm not sure if it is wasted time or not.
Nah, do not waste time fighting a video.

There is still a lot to do and I want a perfect working application. I don't want to get immediately a bad feedback because of a early beta status.
Understandable, we have a lot of end users here who would be disappointed with too early a release. Feel free to PM me if you need a tester, as long as the magic smoke does not go out of the N9 I'm happy to test (and if userspace can make that happen the OS has a problem ;-)

I hope you will be fine with a version you have to pay for. But in my current situation I can't work on Software totally for free.
Of course, we all have to pay our rent. While I care about the source being open, I'm prefectly fine with supporting developers with my wallet. EDIT: purchased. I really should read the whole thread before replying to older posts ;-)

Last edited by pcfe; 2012-03-10 at 01:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to pcfe For This Useful Post:
EDIT: purchased. I really should read the whole thread before replying to older posts ;-)
No problem, dude. The release was perhaps some days to early if I look at the rating at the ovi store. But because of the missing hardware I'm unable to ckech everyting. I hope it works for you. Please post at the new thread if it works for you and what is missing in your opinion. If you like it don't hesitate to give it a good rating at the ovi store. Just for my motivation.
I hope I'm able to release the next update within the next two weeks.