Closed Thread
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s4leyv

Here you are

N900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to youriehv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@Scorpius

I have noticed a weird behaviour when I use Arabic physical keyboard, when I use uppercase letters I don't get the assigned letter, instead I get the English uppercase letter.

And thank you very much for your great work

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
HAHAHA.. That's great

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I wonder if you all know what it means? It's japanese.

If you say to a japanese "there's no Whatsapp for N900" (in japanese of course) he'd say "yappari" as "I knew it" or "I figure" or "no wonder".

But funny thing is that since Yappari exists and it is a Whatsapp for the N900, it is also the answer to the question. So it's a funny pun.

And it has "app" in between.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Hi Scorpius,
For the past few days am seeing a problem in my Yappari install. It was there from .10 and is still there even when am using .12
Yappari connects successfully, I see a "logged in" message in the status bar but it immidiately changes to "Disconnected" in less than a second. Although it still shows "logged in" in the left bottom corner of yappari, I am not able to send recieve msgs. It attempts a reconnect every 30 seconds but the same thing is repeated.
A reboot fixes the problem for a little while, but it keeps on reoccuring.
I'll send you the log

Edit: could not figure how to send attachments by pm, so here is the upload link of my log file

http://uppit.com/jdbdrf7ze53f/yappari.log

Last edited by aman18narang; 2012-06-17 at 06:30.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by aman18narang View Post
Hi Scorpius,
For the past few days am seeing a problem in my Yappari install. It was there from .10 and is still there even when am using .12
Yappari connects successfully, I see a "logged in" message in the status bar but it immidiately changes to "Disconnected" in less than a second. Although it still shows "logged in" in the left bottom corner of yappari, I am not able to send recieve msgs. It attempts a reconnect every 30 seconds but the same thing is repeated.
A reboot fixes the problem for a little while, but it keeps on reoccuring.
I'll send you the log

Edit: could not figure how to send attachments by pm, so here is the upload link of my log file

http://uppit.com/jdbdrf7ze53f/yappari.log
In your log the Whatsapp servers disconnect you with: "Replaced by new connection" all the time.

That means you're running Whatsapp with the same number in two different devices at the same time (you CAN'T do that!!!). Or maybe running the java port and Yappari at the same time?

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-06-17 at 06:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi, i'm trying 0.0.12 now for a while and can say that it basically works very fine.
Some things that i observed:

I have the same problem as aman18narang and no, i have no other WhatsApp app running somewhere (not even the java port).

Another strange thing: the group chat works if i'm online, but i miss all messages that are sent when i'm offline. Shouldn't these messages be stored somewhere and then sent to me, as soon as i'm going online?
I hadn't tested it whether the same occurs for normal private messages.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by DerCommander View Post
Hi, i'm trying 0.0.12 now for a while and can say that it basically works very fine.
Some things that i observed:

I have the same problem as aman18narang and no, i have no other WhatsApp app running somewhere (not even the java port).

Another strange thing: the group chat works if i'm online, but i miss all messages that are sent when i'm offline. Shouldn't these messages be stored somewhere and then sent to me, as soon as i'm going online?
I hadn't tested it whether the same occurs for normal private messages.

For me it works, when I was offline and I come online my phone turns into a vibrator because of my missed groupchat messages. After 1-3 minutes after connection it seems it downloaded all the messages. I don't know however if there are some missing messages, I don't think so but I am not sure. Besides another bug, sometimes a person says the same thing twice, while I am almost sure it was only send once. I guess that bug is somewhere between WAserver and our client "yappari"
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Hi,
jus updated yappari.. wow its gtin better and better..yappari is maturin slowly...great and awesome work...thank you so much for doin dis...hope file transfers and smileys also gt ready....great job pal...
all thanks to u i can jus show off my n900 to my android and nokia frnds.

The Following User Says Thank You to mridulj7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
got an update news from my friend that now whatsapp also support voip call, wonder it will be implemented in later stage too, just a suggestion :-)

p.s., forget what I say, she mix it up, it is actually a shortcut to phone call, not a working voip

Last edited by rayson; 2012-06-18 at 03:06.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
In your log the Whatsapp servers disconnect you with: "Replaced by new connection" all the time.

That means you're running Whatsapp with the same number in two different devices at the same time (you CAN'T do that!!!). Or maybe running the java port and Yappari at the same time?
Scorpious,
I do not have another device using whatsapp and also don't have java port installed on the phone.
Is it possible that this install of yappari itself tries to reconnect again even before an earlier connection is lost? why I suggest this is because sometimes I get a reply from the same contact in a separate window than the one I had send message to (in effect 2 chat windows for one contact). I was thinking of reporting this as a seperate bug but know I think maybe these two are related.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp