Notices

For the daring people, running kmplayer from extras-devel, I just pushed the third development version for the next release.

Zooming to 800px wide, the top/bottom edges are removed, and scaling to 800x480 , ignoring the video aspects.
Two right side buttons toggles this sizing, top one scales, bottom one zooms.
Scaling is always on the fly, zooming too but not for mplayer. MPlayer re-starts itself with the '-vf crop' parameter.

Oh, the hardware keys now keep working when playing audio and the screen dims.

If you're an user of the youtube-query generator, notice that you get an extra sub-link after pressing the flash play button. You can then stop the video and play this sub-link. Your selected player will then play it.
Needless to say that this is much smoother.
Unfortunately, newer youtube flv files are only playable with mplayer.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
I have been waiting for this feature, thank you!

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I've been asking for such feature to the creator of SiB but seems he's not really active anymore.
I've been using kmplayer lately coz of scale but I miss the up/down keys for seeking 1 minutes at a time.
I also want simple resume capability and directory listing of SiB which kmplayer doesn't have.

Anyways, it's good to have multiple frontend options. =)

It's now 0.10.5-2. Will push it to testing after a few days of, guess what, testing.

The zoom/scale buttons are now toggle buttons so you can see the actual state.
This build also fixes a regression with the gstreamer player that seeking would pause the video while the audio still continued for a while.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to koos For This Useful Post: