Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
... and not only bleeding edge wifi drivers, but actually bluetooth drivers too, and several others, in a single package.

here

You will need kernel-power v50 installed.

Package is build using source from here

Many thanks to lxp for his job backporting those to n900.

@lxp - I would ask you if you want to become the package maintainer, after all it is you who did most of the work and I don't think it is fair myself to be entitled "the only maintainer" just because of some files in debian/ directory. Thanks again for the wonderful job you've done.

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
... and not only bleeding edge wifi drivers, but actually bluetooth drivers too, and several others, in a single package.

here

You will need kernel-power v50 installed.

Package is build using source from here

Many thanks to lxp for his job backporting those to n900.

@lxp - I would ask you if you want to become the package maintainer, after all it is you who did most of the work and I don't think it is fair myself to be entitled "the only maintainer" just because of some files in debian/ directory. Thanks again for the wonderful job you've done.
I severely need a reflash, the only thing that is holding me back from doing so is the re(download/installation) of the B.E. drivers afterwards, is there some kind of brain-to-brain problem transfer over a mental protocol here across TMO members?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Do the replacement modules in this package get loaded automatically by the system (preferred over the power50 versions), or should we still manually load/unload if we want to use them? Thanks.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
i know wifi driver bleeding edge changes, but when comparing this bluetooth driver with basic one, where can i find any changelog? (the one in package was not very helpful in that case ) btw, i love kernel packages - nearly 100 mb of sources compiled in 300 kb package

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
How to load these wifidrivers? I defenitily like the idea they are in the repos, but just like stlpaul asked, are they loaded by default(after reboot)?

If not, how to (un)load them. In lxps tar was shipped with an load.sh and an unload.sh script for loading and unloading them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Oops, sorry, I forgot to answer that question.

So, the drivers are not automatically loaded, you should load them manually.

you could use load/unload scripts from lxp's tar, with modified .ko locations.

@misiak - NFC what is changed in BT driver, better look http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download for information

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Wow, this is exciting. I will try it out and will provide feedback as necessary.

I can not find it with fapman. What is the name of the package? i want to install it from the x-terminal

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
I can not find it with fapman. What is the name of the package? i want to install it from the x-terminal
Hi Friend,

Either:

1. Download it directly (the .deb file) from the link that was given from the first post, or...
2. In Faster Application Manager, click on "Install Apps"...then at the lower right you see "S" and then "C". Press "C" and then there will be a scroll-list. Scroll towards the bottom and select the "Advanced" category. You'll see it listed in there.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Package name is: "linux-backports-modules-power 2.6.28.10-power50"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Oops, sorry, I forgot to answer that question.

So, the drivers are not automatically loaded, you should load them manually.

you could use load/unload scripts from lxp's tar, with modified .ko locations.

@misiak - NFC what is changed in BT driver, better look http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download for information
Any troubles to copy these drivers over the ones in '/lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power50/' ?

I mean, does the device boot if I replace the originals ones from ck-v50 and reboot ?

A++

The Following User Says Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post: