Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Had a debate with one of the lead editors @ArsTechnica, it was mind-numbing...
The main rationale he used for why they rarely cover sailfish but cover ubuntu touch heaps (even compared to the 3x main OS's) basically came down to:

(oversimplifying what he said somewhat).
Love your debates. Please tell me all about...Why not get a nexus and install sail?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Had a debate with one of the lead editors @ArsTechnica, it was mind-numbing...
The main rationale he used for why they rarely cover sailfish but cover ubuntu touch heaps (even compared to the 3x main OS's) basically came down to:

(oversimplifying what he said somewhat).
he aka fanboy

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone tried this on any other device? Nexus7?

Make this great and sail can blow out of proportion in no time.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-28 at 08:05.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Edit/ Why the watermark? Please rem8ve...in next update.
Understandable... they don't want anybody posting screenshots of work in progress without "forcing" them to show it's work in progress - the email to early adopters mentions that you should make it very clear that this is probably a pre-alpha image.

I had a go at it (thanks sledges) and the watermark really doesn't intrude so much ;-)

EDIT: FWIW, I've already seen somebody mentioned this as a RC, and it isn't a RC.

Last edited by ggabriel; 2014-03-28 at 10:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Anyone tried this on any other device? Nexus7?

Make this great and sail can blow out of proportion in no time.
I would love to have sailfish on my nexus 7!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I would love to have sailfish on my nexus 7!!!
Yes. I'm not so interested in nexus 4 but I'm now definitely in the market for a nexus 7. Indeed if you check here (from earlier post)

https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

It really appears as if Nexus 7 is farther along. Anyone have an idea when sailfish will be released for Nexus 7?

Another piece of good news is it looks like volume +- is working for Nexus 4 which was not the case a few days ago.

Cheers everyone. Exciting times ahead!

I'd suggest try CyanogenMod 10.1 on the nexus 7 and any other thing you want to run Sailfish on, and then wait for the HADK.

I'm marginally happy for Jolla to have achieved this, just hope this doesn't suck up too many resources from proper Sailfish development, and even Jolla hardware.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
the s3 lte will be a good phone if sailfish will have all the drivers
CSSU-T latest version

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Understandable... they don't want anybody posting screenshots of work in progress without "forcing" them to show it's work in progress - the email to early adopters mentions that you should make it very clear that this is probably a pre-alpha image.

I had a go at it (thanks sledges) and the watermark really doesn't intrude so much ;-)

EDIT: FWIW, I've already seen somebody mentioned this as a RC, and it isn't a RC.
Who cares what it is. It is what it is. Not more not less. Guess it possible to remove. I like my devices want to run with it. It's not nice. Bloat.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-28 at 16:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Who cares what it is. It is what it is. Not more not less. Guess it possible to remove. I like my devices want to run with it. It's not nice. Bloat.
Well, you may be pretty understanding of the level at which software is released at its different evolving stages, however, some (most?) people aren't.
If it so happens that the watermark can be removed and then some fanboi/fandroid site publishes videos of a pre-alpha Sailfish, affecting Jolla's image, then we won't get any more pre-alpha stuff to test.

Remember: because some people are naughty, we can't have good things (like bringing your own bottle of water to the airport). So, I hope it isn't removable :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:

Tags
mister a-hole