Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
2 in 1 devices, tablets that are also pc with optional keyboard. like acer switch 10, surface, cube i7,etc.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cube+i+7+s...ax=1&ia=images

this one is fully supported by xda devs
Thanks, I know the device type, just had never heard them called "2in1"
My wife has a 10" Lenovo tablet with detatchable keyboard which is pretty neat, of course the downside is that it runs W10. I should probably investigate what are the best devices to get a proper distro running in.

One thing of course is the kind of mechanical construction the hinge has; if it is detachable it needs to be fairly sturdy to not break or bend easily.... And if it is non-detachable that is probably good too provided the device is thin enough to be pocketable.

There is the root of the problem; to be always with you the device should be maybe 7" maximum size, yet to be usable it needs to be at least 12"...
No way yet to solve that, without totally rollable/foldable designs

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
What makes you think it is not "officially supported"? I have a tablet and besides different architecture and some core stuff it is pretty much the same SFOS as there is on the phone (some Jolla apps are re-layouted to fit the size better but thats it). That was the whole point of SFOS, have libhybris and mer core and have the same experience on any device. So an app that runs on the phone can be recompiled for bacon to onyx without a hassle. If you can live with another device there are some other tablets already being ported although the Jolla Tablet is really nice!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The average uptime of my Jolla is about 6 hours
Does your phone reboot itself so often or are you a real heavy user and the battery just dies suddenly?

I have two Jolla phones in use, although they do get less use because they are used for different tasks. One is for private e-mail, browsing, listening for music and occasionally I might use Alien Dalvik to watch something from Netflix. I use it for authentication too (with mobile certificate). The other one is for business use: employers e-mail, calendar and business calls. I have know to use it for occasional browsing too.

But the uptime on my Jollas is limited only by my ability to connect the charger in time. Usually I do not need to charge them daily, unless I delve into Netflix too deep.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Tsippaduida View Post
Does your phone reboot itself so often or are you a real heavy user and the battery just dies suddenly?
Ths former. This has become more visible when I enabled the SIM cadr PIN. Now I play a lottery every time I pull my Jolla out of tbe pocket: will I be greeted with the "Enter SIM card PiN" screen or not"? I know, I know, folded paper, blablabla. I am procrastinating because I want to do it properly, whatever that means.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: