Active Topics

Currently, it takes a lot longer than that!

As outlined on this brainstorm, it's important for people to be able to read their email quickly.

If you agree with the brainstorm, can you please vote for it, add a comment to this thread, edit the brainstorm, pass it around the forum, whatever it takes to get more people working on the problem!

I wish I had the tech skills, but I just don't and this is the only way I can think of to do something.

Please vote for it! (up or down!)

http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...side_2_seconds

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Interesting as i just timed mine -it took about 2 seconds.....
Is it a specific kind of email?

My IMAP email takes about 2 seconds - but my nokia messaging (Yahoo) about 4/5
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
https://mail.google.com

Using googlemail obviously

Yip, I'm using Google Apps. I wasn't aware that might be a significant factor, when I was using a different device I didn't have this long delay.

So, if I'm the only one out of us having this problem, maybe it's a setting I can alter. Any suggestions would be welcome!

afaik I'm using the right settings.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Odd, my phone waits for me more than I wait for it, as in, it takes me more to locate and click the button than it takes it to open.

Tap E-mail, Gmail, tap Inbox, tap message.

Sometimes I find it in the middle of synchronizing, and then it takes an additional 10 or so. But before and after, under 3 if I'm fast.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Odd, my phone waits for me more than I wait for it, as in, it takes me more to locate and click the button than it takes it to open.

Tap E-mail, Gmail, tap Inbox, tap message.

Sometimes I find it in the middle of synchronizing, and then it takes an additional 10 or so. But before and after, under 3 if I'm fast.
I think it's too many clicks. Especially if it's from the notifier. If I click on the notification, I would expect it to bring me right to the message, if not at least the inbox. Right now, it just opens up email, then I click on nokia messaging, then gmail, then inbox.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by mtran66 View Post
If I click on the notification, I would expect it to bring me right to the message
It does. What phone do you have?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
It does. What phone do you have?
It depends on how many messages there are. If there's one new message then you go straight to it, but if there's more than one then it just opens the mail client.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Just go android email comes in and shows on the screen straight away dont have to touch anything.

I think N900 mail and message handling works fine. I do not get many phone calls (mercifully), but I get a lot of emails and Skype/FB messages. The way that N900 handles it now is perfect for my needs.

There is minimal delay between me touching the notification and the action.

...personally the described Android functionality would drive me insane unless there is more to it.

V.