Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
Ha, just found a bug.

When configuring an email signature, it's attached to the email message by the string "--" on its own line. This is almost correct.

Since the dawn of the Usenet postings, it has been two dashes, a space and a newline. Yeah, it's on a RFC somewhere, as well.
No official RFC for email signature as far as I know, if you find one I would be interested
Is done like you say, seems to works fine for me in all mails I use, I've the dashes and a space after.
in the message source for e.g: SGVsbG8NCi0tIA0KU2VudCBmcm9tIG15IEpvbGxh (covert base 64 to ascii).

Edit: I know that there is a proposed RFC, and that's what we are following since is commonly used, however not official yet : http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3676#section-4.3

Last edited by VDVsx; 2013-12-23 at 13:09.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Liplap View Post
The Contacts application does not seem to accept two part surnames (eg. von Richthofen).
It will accept vcf files with surnames like that, even when spelled like "Richthofen, von". (The only way I found to sort properly by Last name.)

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I still have problem with SMTP using port 465 and SSL.

what does "Problem with sync" actually mean? Is there some kind of fix to get this working?

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I still have problem with SMTP using port 465 and SSL.

what does "Problem with sync" actually mean? Is there some kind of fix to get this working?
What type of authentication are you using ?

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
The "Problem with sync" occurs on sending e-mail from IMAP accounts. Exchange and Google mail accounts can send mail.
I have tried different settings for authentication like TLS, SSL, different ports. Mails stay in the Outbox, which keeps "Updating" forever.
In another thread this sync problem is being discussed as well. For me it means I cannot rely on the Jolla right now and have to keep my N9 at hand. I asked care@jolla.com for help yesterday evening.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
The "Problem with sync" occurs on sending e-mail from IMAP accounts. Exchange and Google mail accounts can send mail.
I have tried different settings for authentication like TLS, SSL, different ports. Mails stay in the Outbox, which keeps "Updating" forever.
same for me. (haven't tried google mail or outlook, though)

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Another issue with Jolla. Can not authenticate with Finnish Mobile ID.

I've got the SIM with the certificate and am able to authenticate with the SIM and my Lumia. With Jolla the authentication request message never arrives for me to input my authentication PIN. Thus the service I'm trying to authenticate to throws a timeout because it does not get the authentication response.

I don't think this is an issue with the service, it has never failed for me with Lumia.

Last edited by LadyBug; 2013-12-23 at 11:40.

Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
In another thread this sync problem is being discussed as well. For me it means I cannot rely on the Jolla right now and have to keep my N9 at hand. I asked care@jolla.com for help yesterday evening.
Email is sent via SMTP, IMAP is for receiving. You don't know the correct settings for your server ? Do you have it working in some other device ?
Next update fixes a bunch of problems related to SMTP authentication, but would be good to know what is your setup in order to verify if is a know issue for not.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
What type of authentication are you using ?
Full settings in harmattan on N9:

Secure: SSL
serveraddress: mail2.bahnhof.se
Port: 465
Verification: Standard Password

in SailfishOS on my Jolla:

Secure: SSL
serveraddress: mail2.bahnhof.se
Port: 465
Auth: Password

Hmm just think of something here:

My provider, Bahnhof, only allow SMTP when I am at my home wifi. And I am ATM. But it seems Jolla Phone is active on 3G and wifi in the same time (both icons shown on sleep screen)? Could it be that Jolla Phone try send over 3G even when Wifi is active?

Edit: tested disable 3G did not fix issue.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-23 at 13:17.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post

Hmm just think of something here:

My provider, Bahnhof, only allow SMTP when I am at my home wifi. And I am ATM. But it seems Jolla Phone is active on 3G and wifi in the same time (both icons shown on sleep screen)? Could it be that Jolla Phone try send over 3G even when Wifi is active?
It should prefer wifi, unless is a bug, you can try to disable 3G data and check if it works after that.