Posts: 33 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
I am trying to setup Taskuloisto Android app for use as a navigator with proper sea maps on my Jolla.

History.

I tried to install Taskuloisto when I first got my phone back in November. Back then alien dalvik enviroment had some bugs that didnt let the Andoid QT ministro 2 library install properly. Still I got the app to run but it was completely unusable as it didnt finish starting and didnt let me choose maps licence etc.

Today.
I tried again while on holiday a week ago. Voila the android compatibility has improved so that the ministro 2 library installed properly. After that Jolla told that it has updates for ministro and I downloaded them and it installed ok. Then I installed the Taskuloisto apk. It starts ok but as I have my maps on my home folder it doesnt have access to it when it runs i suppose. As it complains no maps found in maps directory.

Found the settings files for Android apps and edited the maps directory setting with nano. /data/data/com.karttakeskus.TLIII/files/taskuloisto.ini

Now I am trying to copy the maps into a folder readable to android apps. I suppose the home/nemo/android_storage subfolders are readable?

Well now my phone crashed while copying, as the storage came full.

It seems the android_storage folder in /home/nemo/ was a link to mounted directory as now its empty and still the device is 100% full on root and home filesystems. Have to find some stuff to delete from videos and pictures.

Any help and links to knowledge appreciated.

Tags
android apps, jolla, settings, storage