Have been visiting the palm forum and came across this post hinting towards HTC/samsung in the WebOS "world". After reading through it also appears as though a few others are also picking up on the rumor too with Samsung interested in licensing webOS

Personally, I do hope Samsung will pick up HPs baton as looks like there might a small glimmer of hope for our favorite Linux based underdog cousins

What are your thoughts, who would you like to see making hardware for WebOS?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
According to the biggest Dutch tech website Tweakers.net, HTC and Samsung doesn't want WebOS. But it seems like LG could be interested in the WebOS

Source:
http://tweakers.net/nieuws/76259/htc...et-hebben.html

Google Translate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I don't see why they would considering that their own Bada already outsells WebOS already. It would be good for consumers to have more choice and a nice custom skin over WebOS though.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Have been visiting the palm forum and came across this post hinting towards HTC/samsung in the WebOS "world". After reading through it also appears as though a few others are also picking up on the rumor too with Samsung interested in licensing webOS

Personally, I do hope Samsung will pick up HPs baton as looks like there might a small glimmer of hope for our favorite Linux based underdog cousins

What are your thoughts, who would you like to see making hardware for WebOS?
I have one thing to say LOL

Actually, it is not that far fetched. Samsung is definitely looking for ways to get into software and services instead of just hardware, the same is HTC. However, if they are going for WebOS, it is not the OS they are after in particular, it's the people and know how. If I were Samsung I would get WebOS with people and everything. Dump WebOS and go for MeeGo and Bada, but I'm not Samsung. Besides, Samsung is heavily involved with Mentor Graphics and what they need is more services, an ecosystem or two

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Someone take it, don't let it die.

Possible that Samsung or HTC or LG will be interested because Google is now a hardware vendor too!

Google is now a dominant Android vendor, That's true.

I see optimisms with Samsung, who will screw it up by mixing cholocate with manure(Bada)... but Samsung just wants the patents to "up yours" Apple.
LG unlikely. HTC, not enough resources/buying power i think. Nokia definitely if the trojan horse is absent, but he's there for good.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I don't see why they would considering that their own Bada already outsells WebOS already.
It may outsell WebOS but it is still crap.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Actually, it is not that far fetched. Samsung is definitely looking for ways to get into software and services instead of just hardware. Dump WebOS and go for MeeGo and Bada. Besides, Samsung is heavily involved with Mentor Graphics and what they need is more services, an ecosystem or two
Samsung got to add two ''s'' to Bada and make it badas*.

Last edited by govprog; 2011-08-24 at 09:50.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
In my opinion the best case would be if a vendor will take WebOS, put the UI on top of MeeGo and release some decent devices with this system.
  • A superior and unique User Interface
  • A MeeGo compatible core system and hence plenty of applications from our N900, N950 & N9 ecosystem

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Nice info..Thanks Helmuth

Tags
webos