Active Topics

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
this problem i think you disable the light sensor, I got this problem when I do this. After I restore the setting, everything become normal
I did disable my ambient light sensor via the terminal and nano. But the ambient light sensor pisses me off big time. I'll restore the module back to "filter-brightness-als"

hope it works. Thanks for tip.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by joeD View Post
I did disable my ambient light sensor via the terminal and nano. But the ambient light sensor pisses me off big time. I'll restore the module back to "filter-brightness-als"

hope it works. Thanks for tip.
MUST work
Bec I experienced this problem too

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
I revised the mce.ini file back to "filter-brightness als" rebooted, and seems to have fixed the problem. One bonus out of it was my brightness slider under the settings main menu is still in graduations of 20%. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it did the trick. Thanks for the help!

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by joeD View Post
I revised the mce.ini file back to "filter-brightness als" rebooted, and seems to have fixed the problem. One bonus out of it was my brightness slider under the settings main menu is still in graduations of 20%. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it did the trick. Thanks for the help!
I experienced this , so i do a reflash, but after do some tuning, I found that the black screen problem still exist, so I know is the filter brightness simple problem!

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
ok my phone won't flash. I've tried several times to connect with flasher but it don't recognize my phone. Probably because the phone don't starts. What can I do to revive the phone?

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by danteawakening View Post
ok my phone won't flash. I've tried several times to connect with flasher but it don't recognize my phone. Probably because the phone don't starts. What can I do to revive the phone?
when you start the flasher you only need to connect USB, it connects to your phone even without it being on. If it can't detect the phone, try using another usb port, different cable etc. My default USB port did not connect the phone either for flashing, another one did.

Last edited by Arpa; 2011-11-30 at 11:02.

ok thanks Arpa! i'll try another pc because mine have some problems!

Originally Posted by Arpa View Post
when you start the flasher you only need to connect USB, it connects to your phone even without it being on. If it can't detect the phone, try using another usb port, different cable etc. My default USB port did not connect the phone either for flashing, another one did.
I've changed usb port, cable and pc. Nothing works. n9 is not recognized. Other solutions?

Helloooo...there's anyone???

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by danteawakening View Post
I've changed usb port, cable and pc. Nothing works. n9 is not recognized. Other solutions?
Does your phone connect in mass memory mode with your computer? Also is you phone working at all? I.e., does it turn on?

If the phone is completely dead then there isn't much that can be done.

But maybe you can try connecting the cable several times, different ports, different cables, different compters to make sure, and then take it to service...