Active Topics

Notices

Yeah, That makes sense. Will try tonight. I'll post my successes / failures later on.
Thanks for the support !

Speedy

Originally Posted by SpeedyM View Post
nhanquy,
Thanks for the reply.

I did find a glimmer of hope in this post by Greyghost.
" Half an hour after that and I was watching the Daily Show on my N810 in the garage "

This sounds promising.
Any thoughts ?

Speedy
When I installed HAVA on my Nokia didn't go through any wizard. It just said that it was installed. I don't know where to get the HAVA ID or password.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by Sman View Post
When I installed HAVA on my Nokia didn't go through any wizard. It just said that it was installed. I don't know where to get the HAVA ID or password.
Install it on a windows machine where you will assign the hava id and password to your hava box. From your tablet hava player, you will need to enter the id/password to make it run.

Yes. Be sure to connect to it with an ethernet cable FIRST to your router. Don't use Wifi until the HAVA unit is completely set-up (make sure to update firm-ware to latest). During the setup you can assign a "friendly name" that will become your ID . Use a simple password like: 1234. Setup the Wifi DHCP AFTER you have the HAVA working on the PC (via wired ethernet).

The N800 application setup is simple. Just use the "friendly name" in the settings.

The HAVA application works terrific on my N800. But it does suck the life out of the battery charge in about 15 minutes.

later.
Speedy

Thx I didn't know I needed to do It on a windows machine. I'll just use VMWare

Check the HAVA website.
There may be a Linux version of the HAVA player setup utility.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Hava is NOT coming for the N900. I turned to orb, StepbyStep instructions here, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=51562 If you have the hardware for HAVA, you would have the hardward for orb.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Are you saying that if you have a digital cable set top box, a HAVA box, a PC with ORB, that will work? The HAVA box controls the set top box with an IR port in front of the set top box. How does ORB allow you to control the HAVA box in order to change the set top box channel?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by j-a-k View Post
Are you saying that if you have a digital cable set top box, a HAVA box, a PC with ORB, that will work? The HAVA box controls the set top box with an IR port in front of the set top box. How does ORB allow you to control the HAVA box in order to change the set top box channel?
No. You do not need HAVA, orb works as long as you see TV signal on PC screen, stepbystep instructions on my previous post. Setup is pretty straight foreward. Try setup up orb and test it on another PC to make sure all the firewall, ip address is working, then turn to your N900.

postback if question.

bun

I haven;t visited this forum in a while. have put the N800 and Hava on the back burner since I fried a newer N810 and my titanium 2 years ago. Sad to see that the N800 development has gone by the wayside and Hava's tech support forum is still kind of dead. Still have my N800 but its a little long in the tooth with all the new gadgets out there.

revisited Hava recently and bought a used Hava Platinum on Ebay for about 50$. figured if it didn;t work, it would be a throw away item. I think the Titaniium build quality overall is a little suspect and maybe the Platinum will be more reliable. I probably bought a too early model too and didn;t pursue a warranty claim fast enough. it fried after i updated it to the latest firmware where it was working fine before that. Same thing with the N810.

So got the Platinum working-aside from some anxious moments in setting it up and some sporadic sudden reboots. it was already flashed to the latest firmware. i didn;t even have to open any ports on my router for the remote connection to work so maybe Hava did do some major streamlining of the install process.

so now I got a functional N800 again for TV viewing. battery life still gets drained in less than 2 hours and still have the annoying battery low message. But I am happy to discover some renewed use for my long idle N800. oh yeah, the remote speed is pretty slow but overall I am pleased.

Tags
hava, video hava