Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I have noticed that after PR1.2 I get a lot of sound stuttering....for example....

-email or sms notification sounds stutter
-mplayer sound stutters in the begining of an mp3 and then is fine
-you do multitasking...it stutters again
-try to surf while listening to music....sound stutters!

what is going on?Does anybody else have these problems?Any settings that I can try to make it better?Btw, mine is overclocked with the Lehto kernel.....it used to be fine but not now with the new firmware.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
I have noticed that after PR1.2 I get a lot of sound stuttering....for example....

-email or sms notification sounds stutter
-mplayer sound stutters in the begining of an mp3 and then is fine
-you do multitasking...it stutters again
-try to surf while listening to music....sound stutters!

what is going on?Does anybody else have these problems?Any settings that I can try to make it better?Btw, mine is overclocked with the Lehto kernel.....it used to be fine but not now with the new firmware.
I have the same problem with plain vanilla kernel. And worst of all also normal phone calls stutters from time to time.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
strange, i had music player stutter on pr1.1.1
but its fixed on pr1.2, its never happened again for me since i updated,
and it only ever happened with the music player, never anywhere else

As far as I remember I had stutters before with the PR1.1.1, but not as bad as now....

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
me too, bad with PR1.1.1, but no problems at all with PR1.2 so far - I am however being VERY careful what I install, so there will be far less software running now than there was before. I am particularly steering well clear of ANY -devel software this time around!

definitly no. i dont have stutter at all

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ MA, USA
I have constant stuttering of sound as well. I use Panucci a lot and the audio stutters as the screen brightness changes first to dim then to off. Notification sounds from incoming messages interrupt the audio feed about 95% of the time. The rare occasions when I get a little "ding" from incoming email and the Panucci audio doesn't hiccup are almost jarring even though that's the way I would think it's supposed to be. Not only that, but there is sometimes such a lag between the stopping of the audio playback and the start of the notification sound that I often think I must be getting a phone call. That's probably my single biggest gripe with this otherwise awesome device... any interaction with the device will interrupt the audio stream.

Im at the same stuttering situation ... I dont cary generally, but during listening of mp3s its pretty annoying. I believed its somehow caused by bad usage of the cpu or something like that, so I reniced the replay-related processes - pulseaudio, mediaplayer, dbus_wrap something ... I increased priority to -20 and it improved the situation a lot. Now, it stutters only when lets say I start a browser (during the start) or a app manager (during update) ...

The problem is I have to renice the processes again after each reboot ...

... and Im unable to determine how to use "nice" during boot ... anyone knows, tell pls!

Last edited by michalurban; 2010-06-04 at 15:09.

I`ve removed the email widget and conversations and now it seems better....the less widgets we have on desktop the better it seems.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Toronto
same.

my phone stutters more than Michael J. Fox

*putting flame resistive suit on*

Everytime you don't click on my blog, I kill a kitten