Notices

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
you should do an exactly app for maemo.org

Hi there,

I have just installed and tested this APp, great app something to replace Effig status updater but maybe for the next release what is missing is the offline reading of Facebook status similar to the n900 Facebook Desktop Widget.. which reads out the status and displays on the widget.

what do you thing?

Anyway I will keep this app and deinstall other fb clients:-)

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
You can't have enough facebook clients can you?

I mainly started this project three days ago cause all other facebook clients are lacking some features in one way or another, and it was a good way to start looking web APIs.

I plan to include all features (that I can include, I can't send messages using the API for some reason, so while the UI is coded, facebook doesn't allow it).

If something doesn't work (Notes and places for example), then it's not implemented.

Also, I'd appreciate some help with the icons before someone sues me

Depending on what the final name will be (I went with Sociality right now since it has the highest votes), the via Nokia N900 will probably change, though I am planning to have something like Via App Name for Nokia N900.

Anyway, a quick screenshot:

So yeah, this is a quick release (again, I only started working on this 3 days ago).

(Just some quick tips, you can create a new album in Photos -> tap title bar, I noticed this was being requested a lot around the forums, you can also create events and embed videos in status updates).

You can find the name poll here http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/?p=42

App name is Sociality (apt-get install socaility or get it through HAM/fapman)

thanks for this great app!
would it be possible to add a button(+) next to "like" letting expand and see who likes what?
and also to check posts older than today?
thanks MAG!

0.1-5 has same issue with not marking notifications as read after selecting them.

guy, is the icon was introduced in the new version? I still can't see it there. I run sociality from the terminal

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
in 0.1-5 the timestamps are correct in newsfeed, but they are still UTC in places. I hope this can be corrected in some later version of this app.
thanks for a great app.

@wshamroukh: It has been there for the latest versions. Look for an icon with the name "facebook", as said earlier in this thread. The last time it was said is post #212, on the very page you posted on. ;-)

/oxpo

Last edited by oxpo; 2011-05-12 at 04:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to oxpo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I never said I fixed notifications not getting read, I don't know how to do it atm.

As for adding a place, I could link to a page but since I don't save cookies and such, you'll have to login everytime you want to add a place.

There is an icon in the latest version, it uses the name "Facebook" and uses the facebook icon from chat accounts.

Thanks for noticing times in places, I'll fix it in a bit.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by oxpo View Post
in 0.1-5 the timestamps are correct in newsfeed, but they are still UTC in places. I hope this can be corrected in some later version of this app.
thanks for a great app.

@wshamroukh: It has been there for the latest versions. Look for an icon with the name "facebook", as said earlier in this thread. The latest time is post #212, on the very page you posted on. ;-)

/oxpo
I realized right after i posted my post.. there is no way to delete the post. If there was, i would have deleted my post though

however, i thought the Facebook Icon is the icon for the default App. I was always looking for sociality

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
There is no default app :P

You can delete posts on tmo through edit -> delete post at the top

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Will there be LED notification of new posts?

Tags
facebook, facebook client