Originally Posted by emev View Post
They are selling white 16GB N9s too, so I'd assume that they took black 64GB N9s and put white housings on them. But if I'm wrong and they are offering genuine white 64GB N9s, I may consider buying one from them as well.
Hi Emev, how would I know if they put white housing on black 64? is there a way to tell? I ordered already, but starting to worry..

Yes, by checking the product code on the SIM tray (7 characters long, starts with 059). If you google it, you will see which variant you have. If the SIM tray has been replaced, then it's harder. If there is no sticker on the tray, then it has probably been replaced.

Using software (e.g. flashing tools) you can read it too, but it can also be modified from there. Maybe someone who has more experience with this can give you further information.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
Damn there are no new n9 available in India. All n9 on ebay India are gone. Dont know if ebay.com is safe enough.

Exactly…worldwide, not just India….N9s are getting scarce folks…better pick one up before they are all gone forever. I'm weary of the ebay ones they claim new, but have no choice

The Following User Says Thank You to vartanarsen For This Useful Post:
[UK] I picked up a black 16GB N9 on ebay "New" from China, which actually came from Germany for some reason. At £125 I thought it would be an interesting replacement for my ageing N900 and it turns out I really like it.

It seems new as far as I can tell, although I suspect the plastic USB cover has been replaced, and possibly the SIM tray. The capacitive screen sometimes misbehaves when using the swype keyboard and inserts a lot of "noise" drawn as zigzags when swiping across the keyboard, but not always and if i just keep drawing lines it stops. I think this is humidity and temperature dependant, and possibly the haptic feedback is partly to blame. Most of the time it's fine, and the standard keyboard and normal interaction, eg clicking browser links, is actually very accurate.

It came with pr1.3, everything seems to be ok and I couldn't be much happier with it. It has a vodaphone boot screen, so it may be locked to vodaphone but I'm with them anyway. The provided headset didn't work, and the usb charger whines a bit, but I don't really care about the accessories, my old N900 ones work fine.

Amazon has a white 64GB for $299 today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post

Be careful. That company fulfilling the order has been up for 12 months, only 2 feedback (both positive though).

Hi guys, the one from NewEgg Direct for $199…well, Im trying to return it because the plastic is peeling in the Sim Tray…I thought it was supposed to be a polycorbanate mono block..how can plastic be peeling? And the box was NOT sealed like KingStu said his was...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
That was a fairly common issue for the sim tray* as I recall, hardly a reason to be returning it, can't recall the specifics about why it occurred, do some searching.

*& a few other locations

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post

Hmm tempting, esp. given that Sailfish for N9 is progressing so far/fast lately.
I never expected it to have made it this far so soon...

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge