Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdmAo6EcZBM

Not terribly exciting, but it appears to perform very well!

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2010-08-26 at 13:46.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i dunno, unless it comes with android market i suspect it will have a short life.

still, even with market i wont get it, and perhaps no other android device, as one needs a gmail account just to access free apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Hopefully with samsung opening the galaxy drivers (not sure which ones) we will see interesting flavours of linux on these devices by/for tech enthusiasts. I'm sure that a device like this would work wonderfully well with MeeGo, or ubuntu netbook!

I'll likely stick with Android, as I don't personally mind the gmail requirement (if indeed you need it -- eg. you can 'sideload' apps on many android devices), and do not want to spend a lot of time tinkering.

I am really looking forward to the upcoming Android3 'Gingerbread'. As it specifically addresses interface design and tablet considerations, it will likely be better suited tablet like devices. I'm really hoping for GPU acceleration in apps, especially in the web browser. Ultra-smooth scrolling is oh-so-nice!

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Proprietary connector, FAIL

Originally Posted by tushyd View Post
Really? So if you met a beautiful, intelligent, Victoria's Secret model, that you had a lot of fun with, liked you a lot, and would make a wonderful mother.... but she needed a knee brace to exercise (or some other single point of comparison), you would completely reject her? Seriously?

How can a person focus on one tiny characteristic and make their mind up so completely based on it?

While the proprietary connector may be annoying for some, there are far more endearing characteristics that should win it favour. Certainly I've made a LOT more compromises with every other product I've owned, including my Nokia N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Wow I wasn't expecting someone to get so upset about it. I was just merely pointing out the fact that not having standardized connectors is a big fail (in my book of course).

I want my new devices to play well with existing devices, chargers and cables. And I think a lot of people want that too.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a great device, but I don't support proprietary ports. It's just a personal thing, I'm not saying that you should feel that way as well.

But your comparison with a Victoria's Secret model is hilarious. Now if it were a Victoria's Secret model who was a great mother and I had fun with, but required an adapter for my penis, I think that could be a deal breaker.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tushyd For This Useful Post:
Wow I wasn't expecting someone to get so upset about it. I was just merely pointing out the fact that not having standardized connectors is a big fail (in my book of course).

I want my new devices to play well with existing devices, chargers and cables. And I think a lot of people want that too.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a great device, but I don't support proprietary ports. It's just a personal thing, I'm not saying that you should feel that way as well.

But your comparison with a Victoria's Secret model is hilarious. Now if it were a Victoria's Secret model who was a great mother and I had fun with, but required an adapter for my penis, I think that could be a deal breaker.
Trust me, I'm not upset! Sadly it sometimes comes across this way when I type (I should modify my tact). But really, I'm a pretty gentle soul.

Hahah.. +1 re: the victoria secret penis adapter. I'd probably still do it.. Man are those models fun to look at!

Wow, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Victoria's Secret models and penis adaptors - boy I sure am lining up for THIS tablet release. :-)

But seriously I am very much interested - only thing is I would much prefer the MeeGo Tablet experience. It has something new and fresh about it rather than this Android look and feel.

The tablet itself is just right - correct size, great hardware and all that. Its what I would want with Meego preferably instead of the N9.
Oh yes - I would want just a wifi only model which I can tether with my N900 for 3G access. Can't justify 2 3G devices on me at the same time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
See ENDLESS discussion before the release of the N900 saying that a device needs to be POCKETABLE. No one wants 7" except people interested in niche devices like me! Nokia is so lucky to have missed out of the sales that they would have gotten with a reader or another tablet!
Because Nokia has done such a great job of listening to their customers, engineers and developers, right? Diversity of product? What's THAT jibba-jabba?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
That's what was said about the Dell Streak too but it turns out to be PDMI.

From the photo I have seen the Samsung could well be the same.

OK so PDMI is not a well known standard but it is a standard nonetheless.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDMI

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy