Active Topics

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by saleki View Post
Does google plus app work on jolla?
Worked fine for me. When you install it you get the Photos app too, but I didn't want to go near that. Hangouts works too, though its launcher is a bit broken - no icon and the name is just 'com'

Does anyone know how much gets removed if you uninstall Yandex/Android Support? Does the entire /opt/alien tree disappear?

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
I'd like to know if Google Apps is pre-installed with Alien Davik? Need it to run Threema as a secure Whatsapp alternative :/

An alternative place to download Google Apps except Google Play market place?

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
I'd like to know if Google Apps is pre-installed with Alien Davik? Need it to run Threema as a secure Whatsapp alternative :/

An alternative place to download Google Apps except Google Play market place?
No Google apps are installed with Dalvik. There's a way of installing Play store and gapps outlined here http://mynokiablog.com/2013/11/29/ho...m-jolla-phone/.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Someone tried installing XPrivacy with the XPosed Framework in Android yet?

/edit
It doesn't work for me, Alien Davik access seems to restrict it:
could not read log: /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/log/debug.log: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Last edited by RX-51; 2013-12-19 at 01:15.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Worked fine for me. When you install it you get the Photos app too, but I didn't want to go near that. Hangouts works too, though its launcher is a bit broken - no icon and the name is just 'com'

Does anyone know how much gets removed if you uninstall Yandex/Android Support? Does the entire /opt/alien tree disappear?
OT:
Dude... You're in Switzerland and you've got a Jolla! How, how, enlighten us?

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
After a few hours of play with Alien Dalvik and Play Store I noticed a problem of downloading paid content from play store, even though you have already own the app. As you click paid content, error occurs for retrieving information from server. Tried using web play store on computer to "push" the paid item to the phone, it shows as purchased, and downloaded fine, but crashes on installing and the whole alien dalvik needs to be rebooted. Seems really weird.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Fail to run official WhatsApp client (apk download from their page), pop-up showing up:
Alert

A cellular data network is required to activate WhatsApp Messenger
Browser is working though, data connection is established for Sailfish at least.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Florence, Italy
I have installed Whatsapp downloading from APTOIDE store...
i have done the contacts syncs before installing app so no problems for the contacs...

No sms activation... automatic call is needed at first startup.

Whatsapp chat is fully working, picture sending too, but i'm not be able to play the video received.
The video player doesn't start.
Can someone confirm that ?

Last edited by pizzulicchio; 2013-12-19 at 14:53.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I might be the only person in the world who needs this application, but I'm so glad I finally can use it

There's an application from my Austrian cable TV provider called "A1 TV", and I was lucky enough to find it on Aptoide. Finally I can browse and search not only the TV guides, but also A1's own streaming video service. I soooo missed this Android & iOS only app on my N9!

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Is Google Maps working for anyone? For me it only displays "Cannot connect to network".

Tags
aindroid, essential apps