Before the thread police attack, yes, I have searched for this issue. It appears others have had similar problems with the N770 and N800 and no effective solution has been proposed.

I have an N810. It's about a year old. Every once in a blue moon this would happen and the solution was remove the battery, put it back in, and go.

I was using my N810 when it froze up. Even pressing the power button didn't get it to respond so I removed the battery for a few minutes, put it back in, and powered it on. I get the "Nokia" splash screen and the blue progress bar. It goes all the way to the right, sits for about a minute (maybe less) and reboots. I have let it sit here on my desk for about 20 minutes and it just continually reboots.

The battery was fully charged. I could reflash it, but I haven't done a backup in a couple of weeks and would like to get it going without a reflash if at all possible.

Thanks,
John

Something like that happen to me.
I alwayshave extended virtual memory so, seems gets ''corrupted '' and can't be read.
So I remove all cards and every week I remove my swap virtual memory.
Probably after all you'll want to reflash.
Good luck..

I've had the same issue.

I ended up reflashing. There seemed to be no other way.

After that, I keep all my data on the internal mmc. Your apps will be gone, but your data should be intact after reflashing.

Good luck, I'm gonna do a backup now, thanks for reminding us all.

- MOC

same story. had my system on internal flash, what worked very fine (thanks fanoush). then installed rtcomm-beta-os2008, and after next reboot i had my boot loop. this was with diablo. rtcomm worked no more and caused the loop, but it is beta and i tooked it like a man. on chinook it worked fine and was my personal killer app.

The Following User Says Thank You to steffen800 For This Useful Post:
I got stuck in a reboot loop today. I noticed that my tablet had only 2 MB of space left on the main memory. I restarted it hoping to regain memory consumed by memory leaks. Unfortunately, all it does now is go until the last start up screen and then restart (the blue light comes on and it just restarts). I don't get to the desktop. Probably not worth it to even ask, but I'll ask anyway:

Is there a way to free up memory/get to the desktop/repair the install somehow? The quickest (only?) method would certainly be to flash it, but the time spent rebuilding my "setup" will kind of negate that. So if there are any ideas, feel free to share. If not, I was looking forward to trying boot from SD anyway.

Well, I got a similar problem, but I tried to reflashing it and It wont let me do it. It get stack in the "Version of 'sw-release': <no version>" part.

Any ideas?

Same problem here!! what's going on !! really !! i reflash it twice now and it work as charm then when i turned my N810 off for more than 6 hrs i get the freez and rebooy loob again+ the internal space memory that left for me is flactuating sometimes 28 MB and then it changed to 30MB!!! i would really preciate if some one expert here just give us a simple basic stable tips of how we use the memory well as it's the issue i guess here to make our n810 stable!!

thanx in advance 2 all of ya!

Tags
looping, reboot, won't boot