Posts: 53 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Australia
I should of added that Angelfish launches and runs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juz For This Useful Post:
Last post for the evening:

After several reboots and issueing flatpak uninstall commands I eventually got angelfish and telegram uninstalled.

I then repaired.

And then reinstalled angelfish. My device then rebooted.

On completion, Angelfish now has an icon, and now shows up in flatpak runner, and opens and runs.

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ flatpak list --user
Name                   Application ID                           Version Branch
default                org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default              19.08
ffmpeg-full            org.freedesktop.Platform.ffmpeg-full             19.08
KDE Application Platf? org.kde.Platform                                 5.14
Maliit plugin for Sai? ?.PlatformInputContexts.MaliitSailfishOS         5.14
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$  flatpak repair --user
Working on the user installation at /home/nemo/.local/share/flatpak
Verifying deploy/runtime/org.kde.PlatformInputContexts.MaliitSailfishOS/arm/5.14?
Verifying deploy/runtime/org.kde.Platform.Locale/arm/5.14?
Verifying flathub:runtime/org.kde.PlatformInputContexts.MaliitSailfishOS/arm/5.14?
Verifying flathub:runtime/org.kde.Platform/arm/5.14?
Verifying deploy/app/org.kde.mobile.angelfish/arm/tmp.ELgD0A?
Verifying deploy/runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default/arm/19.08?
Verifying deploy/runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.ffmpeg-full/arm/19.08?
Verifying deploy/runtime/org.kde.Platform/arm/5.14?
Verifying flathub:runtime/org.kde.Platform.Locale/arm/5.14?
Verifying deploy/app/org.telegram.desktop/arm/tmp.bD8Zsm?
Verifying flathub:runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default/arm/19.08?
Verifying flathub:runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.ffmpeg-full/arm/19.08?
Pruning objects
Erasing .removed
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ flatpack install --user angelfish
-bash: flatpack: command not found
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ flatpak install --user angelfish
Looking for matches?
Usage: gpg-connect-agent [options] (-h for help)Usage: gpg-connect-agent [options] (-h for help)Found similar ref(s) for ?angelfish? in remote ?kdeapps? (user).
Use this remote? [Y/n]: y
Found ref ?app/org.kde.mobile.angelfish/arm/master? in remote ?kdeapps? (user).
        ID                                Branch          Op          Remote           Download
 1. [/] org.kde.Platform.Locale           5.14            u           flathub           158.2?MB / 337.0?MB
 2. [ ] org.kde.mobile.angelfish          master          i           kdeapps          < 47.2?MB

ID                         Branch   Op  Remote   Download
        ID                        Branch  Op  Remote   Downlo        ID                       Branch Op Remote  Download
        ID                       Branch Op Remote  Download
        ID                       Branch Op Remote  Download
 1. [?] org.kde.Platform.Locale  5.14   u  flathub 182.0?MB / 337.0?MB
 2. [?] org.kde.mobile.angelfish master i  kdeapps  19.2?kB / 47.2?MB

Installing 2/2? ???????????????????? 100%  3.2?kB/s  00:00
These reboots don;t seem to be helping.

Rinigus, thanks for all your help tonight.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
It is worrisome that the device reboots. It sounds like installation is interrupted and something triggers reboot. But great that you managed to make it work.

Now, we do have setuid application installed - flatpak-bwrap . It doesn't have to be setuid while you install apps. So, if someone who can trigger reboots by installation or removal could strip setuid from /usr/libexec/flatpak-bwrap and try again, that would be helpful. If you get reboots even then, its bug of the OS (or RAM pressure). Just don't forget to make setuid again, otherwise flatpak will not work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I am happy to try this, though I have not been able to work out how to strip setuid out of flatpak-bwrap. I thought it might be editable in VIM. Doesn’t look like that is true though. Can anyone give further instruction?
Thanks,

Last edited by juz; 2020-04-06 at 00:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Apr 2020 @ Spain
Hi rinigus!
I have two questions about angelfish:
1) Copy/Paste into angelfish doesn't work, right?
2) I would like to use angelfish like default browser, but it doesn't work that well: I can open an url with angelfish but it doesn't start in that url
Thanks for your work!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmenfdezb For This Useful Post:
juz: you need to use chmod

- to remove setuid:

devel-su chmod 755 /usr/libexec/flatpak-bwrap

- to set it back

devel-su chmod 4755 /usr/libexec/flatpak-bwrap

carmenfdezb:

1. copy and paste work if you want to paste sailfish into angelfish. this is done by selecting the field where you want to paste for editing and pasting via keyboard

2. copy and paste works from angelfish to angelfish. for that, select text, copy it, go to the editing of some field and press paste button appeating next to it.

3. copy and paste from angelfish to sailfish does not work. that will require some wizard interested in it and implementing some kind of copy/paste buffer handling on flatpak/wayland side of flatpak runner and, easier part probably, syncing it with sfos keyboard.

4. url handling works for the start only. but, its not hooked into mime types and, to be more reasonable, we have to implement proper single app starting support in angelfish and flatpak-runner. probably will be done, but don't hold your breath. I'll try to remember to open single app support and mime handling issue at angelfish repo. after that is implemented, will look into flatpak-runner part. feel free to ping me in a week regarding it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
carmenfdezb:

1. copy and paste work if you want to paste sailfish into angelfish. this is done by selecting the field where you want to paste for editing and pasting via keyboard

2. copy and paste works from angelfish to angelfish. for that, select text, copy it, go to the editing of some field and press paste button appeating next to it.

3. copy and paste from angelfish to sailfish does not work. that will require some wizard interested in it and implementing some kind of copy/paste buffer handling on flatpak/wayland side of flatpak runner and, easier part probably, syncing it with sfos keyboard.

4. url handling works for the start only. but, its not hooked into mime types and, to be more reasonable, we have to implement proper single app starting support in angelfish and flatpak-runner. probably will be done, but don't hold your breath. I'll try to remember to open single app support and mime handling issue at angelfish repo. after that is implemented, will look into flatpak-runner part. feel free to ping me in a week regarding it.
Thanks for all your answer!!

I didn't know that 2) works, I was using paste option from keyboard

Maybe the most important point for copy/paste text feature is 3)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmenfdezb For This Useful Post:
carmenfdezb:

Maybe the most important point for copy/paste text feature is 3) and it would be really nice that 4) feature will work some day.

Thanks for all your answers!!

The Following User Says Thank You to carmenfdezb For This Useful Post:
carmenfdezb:

Maybe the most important point for copy/paste text feature is 3) and it would be really nice that 4) feature will work some day.

Thanks for all your answers!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmenfdezb For This Useful Post:
I have opened translation project at https://www.transifex.com/rinigus/flatpak-runner/ . All as usual: languages have to be requested and then translation done. After that, I'll be able to pull it into the code.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak