Active Topics

Notices

The error you posted is due to libnet. What they are referring to as layer 0x335, is not supported.

I'm not sure what gprs0 link spec is - the easiest way to fix this would be to bridge a tun/tap interface to it to get a layer 3-2 device to bind to with netdiscover.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
The error you posted is due to libnet. What they are referring to as layer 0x335, is not supported.

I'm not sure what gprs0 link spec is - the easiest way to fix this would be to bridge a tun/tap interface to it to get a layer 3-2 device to bind to with netdiscover.
However, the binary from 'colin.stephane' (previous page) does work with gprs0... no any real output, of course. It seems that NetDiscover walks through all subnets but no response from T-Mobile.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
The svn release removes libnet dependency from ifaces.c, ifaces.h and main.c - and puts it onto libpcap.

As a side note - if you're interested in dumping RAW data from ANY network interface, regardless of link type, see attached. This is stupid useful, it's an absolute necessity for me.

binary only, and it will attach to the first active interface or one supplied through `-i $INTERFACE`.
Attached Files
File Type: tar rawdump.tar (10.0 KB, 207 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
colin.stephane,

Does your backported version support network interfaces other than wlan0?

Thank you
Hi,

Yes, it work with phonet0 for example but doesn't report any MAC or IP since this interface is not connected ...

I have also compiled the package for x86 to be able to use it on many interfaces on Firewall I have build at office, something like bonding + vlan with name like 'bond0.200:FWB2'

To be clear, I have made the x86 package before the armel one, because I needed the new version to be able to use it on my Firewall interfaces ...

A++

The Following User Says Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
As a side note - if you're interested in dumping RAW data from ANY network interface, regardless of link type, see attached. This is stupid useful, it's an absolute necessity for me.

binary only, and it will attach to the first active interface or one supplied through `-i $INTERFACE`.
What is the difference to tcpdump?

Thanks for your input colin.stephane and Hawaii, I will try colin.stephane's binary today to see how it goes.

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Hi,

Yes, it work with phonet0 for example but doesn't report any MAC or IP since this interface is not connected ...

I have also compiled the package for x86 to be able to use it on many interfaces on Firewall I have build at office, something like bonding + vlan with name like 'bond0.200:FWB2'

To be clear, I have made the x86 package before the armel one, because I needed the new version to be able to use it on my Firewall interfaces ...

A++

Could you please be more verbose?
Do you have the code? what is the difference between rawdump and tcpdump?
I run ./rawdump -i phonet0 and seems to capture my first interface (wlan0). Do you kill it with Control-C??

Thanks and Regards.

Alvaro