Active Topics

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
No, Amazon USA is the cheapest

http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-N900-Mob...2647108&sr=1-4
Amazon in the US won't ship outside north America for the N900.

I tried as I ordered my N800 from Amazon and they shipped that to me no worries.

Originally Posted by kenny View Post
Wrong. That's an online retailer with erroneous pre-release specs. Do a search here. Topic has been covered.
All
N900 units ship with the same frequencies.
It's a quad band GSM device. It will "work" everywhere as a voice phone. Data will work at 2.5G (EDGE) speeds everywhere.

The ongoing 900, 1700 and 2100Mhz frequency discussions concern the 3G data connection.
Hmm..so then it's guaranteed that the n900 I would buy in the USA would work in Europe and Asia as a voice phone? But not necessarily the data connection for 3G usage? How would that work? Is it the frequency that is different per country that is set by Nokia before they ship to the country it's being sold?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm..so then it's guaranteed that the n900 I would buy in the USA would work in Europe and Asia as a voice phone? But not necessarily the data connection for 3G usage? How would that work? Is it the frequency that is different per country that is set by Nokia before they ship to the country it's being sold?
YOu can take this phone anywhere in Europe and Asia and get the 2G connection for voice and data and per the 3G it depends on your carrier that which spectrum it uses. But you dont have to worry about that because I do not know any carrier in Europe and Asia using any other band than 900MHZ or the 2100MHZ. and this phone has 900/1700/2100/2100
The bold is for the USA for T-Mobile as Europe is listed only 2100 even though it uses 1900MHZ and 2100MHZ for 3G US Tmobile is listed 1700 only.
I hope that makes sense.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 109 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Caribbean
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
......for 3G usage? How would that work?
This subject has been discussed endlessly in several recent threads.
Time to spend some time with Search.

Originally Posted by alex_mayorga View Post
I'm guessing it would show up here for Mexico eventually http://www.nokia.com.mx/productos/to...los/nokia-n900
Not holding my breath though
Hey Alex,

Seems like Nokia Mexico pulled out that page!

I'm sure Nokia wants to keep us away of the N900 in order to favor the crappy N97 instead...

I refuse to purchase a crippled N900...

Too bad huh?

Rayan

Last edited by Rayan; 2009-10-08 at 21:24.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Im not going to waste my fracking moneys on N97 that a full of cow faecies smartphone. It was built for the look but nothing else good about it other than 32G internal memory

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
The N900 will start selling in the Czech Republic in mid-October, confirmed by Nokia Czech, among other things, in their recent presentation for Czech press and on Czech mobile sites. The UI is almost fully localized. About the Czech keyboard - from the live pictures provided by the reviewers, it appears that here in Czech we will have the same layout as the English keys have, that made me happy.

Oh and btw, Hello, my name's Jack
Hey Jack! Is the n900 on sale in czech republic yet? If so, where can I find one around prague?

Tags
availability