same proplem ..
3 time flasher
3 time flasher emmc
work one day and proplem back
give to nokia to fix it 8 days thay call me it fix and when i take it the proplem back in the same time
i back it again to nokia 20 days and thay sed ( we cant fix the proplem sorry ) ....... i will born my n900 relly

+1 for that issue.
Started about a month ago, got more frequent. Changed the sim card for a new one - no help
Tried reflashing it several times. Helped for a day or so, then the problems returned.
Yesterday my phone would give this error just right after reboot.
So now my n900 is a fancy gps with some multimedia capability.
BTW has anyone really discovered already whats the issue here?

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Good job on reviving not one but two old threads and without enough information for any helper to work with.

You have yet to provide:
- Any softwares you have downloaded and used.
- Any overclocking, if so to what extent was the modification.
- Any dual/multibooting (i.e. with nitdroid/meego)
- Hardware revision of your device.
- If the device was exposed to extreme environments (i.e. dropped into water, dropped onto floor several times, dirty/dusty environments whilst back cover is not on the device, constantly replacing/removing of SIM card).

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tann200 View Post
+1 for that issue.
Started about a month ago, got more frequent. Changed the sim card for a new one - no help
Tried reflashing it several times. Helped for a day or so, then the problems returned.
Yesterday my phone would give this error just right after reboot.
So now my n900 is a fancy gps with some multimedia capability.
BTW has anyone really discovered already whats the issue here?
I think it's a hardware problem. The same error happened to me and a friend, reflash doesn't help. Got a brand new N900 when sent in for repairs (although they don't seem to have a lot of those anymore and are often giving out N8's instead). Searching around these forums shows that some folks here also have had the same experience.

Originally Posted by aanckar View Post
I think it's a hardware problem. The same error happened to me and a friend, reflash doesn't help. Got a brand new N900 when sent in for repairs (although they don't seem to have a lot of those anymore and are often giving out N8's instead). Searching around these forums shows that some folks here also have had the same experience.
I agree, its a hardware problem. My 13 month old n900 did the same thing (just out of warranty). First it started dropping calls with a connection error every now and then. Within 2 weeks it became unusable as a phone. Initially rebooting would give its IMIE number back, but now it no longer has it when it boots. I tried re-flashing, different sims, cleaning the connectors, basically everything mentioned in this thread. Never overclocked, tried nitdroid on a card, no major drops.

after calling palco they agreed to replace the mainboard as i was apparently still in warranty. i noticed calls made in my call log and when i talked to them they said they were able to successfully make calls and were unable to replicate the problem with both a tmobile sim and att. now i have a new main board and sim problem is gone but now it randomly reboots cat /proc/bootreason says sw_rst. reflashed firmware and emmc and issue doesnt go away

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Finland
I'm in the same boat now, my N900 started complaining, cleaning the SIM helped for a while but yesterday it started to drop again.

Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
Good job on reviving not one but two old threads and without enough information for any helper to work with.

You have yet to provide:
- Any softwares you have downloaded and used.
- Any overclocking, if so to what extent was the modification.
- Any dual/multibooting (i.e. with nitdroid/meego)
- Hardware revision of your device.
- If the device was exposed to extreme environments (i.e. dropped into water, dropped onto floor several times, dirty/dusty environments whilst back cover is not on the device, constantly replacing/removing of SIM card).
Also it would be interesting, if it is only a certain series of N900.
So providing serial numbers would be a good idea.

I have exactly the same problem and I can't even get into Settings - My Nokia (It comes uo with Internal Error Application 'Settings' Closed)to give you the serial number ?
I've tried my wife's sim card on the same contract and exactly the same error message.
Everything else like email over wifi and apps are working fine is purely then sim signal and connection ?
Frommemory is on PR 1.3 and been working fine up until today, it's not clocked and I haven't downloaded anything that might conincide with the fault - any ideas

Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
Also it would be interesting, if it is only a certain series of N900.
So providing serial numbers would be a good idea.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2011 @ Germany
So ... I'm happy with my N9 ;-) ... finally.

Tags
antenna, communication, depressing, disabled, error, problem, telephony