Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Pierre Manslapper View Post
hey slai, when you get the chance, if you haven't already, could you please check this for me:

clock/alarm settings:
- can you set multiple alarms for the same day?
- set the alarms recurrent only for workdays?
- change snooze delay/duration?
- does the alarm ring for only one minute and allows only a maximum of 5 snoozes (like the E71)?

yeah, i'm not a morning type person kinda' guy...
* you can set multiple alarms for the same day
* the alarms can be set for every day (meaning the whole week), monday only, tuesday, wednesday, thursday ect
* snooze after 5, 10, 15, 20 or 30minuttes
* yes

you can also change the ring tone for ect alarm if you fancy that...

But dude, you got a sleeping problem

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yikes...
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4927/s...-in-video-form
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/05/s...entary-glance/
I suspect the Prime's gunna make the N9 & iP4S look positively dull
Aaaaand it'll still have sh1t multitasking

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scapegoat845 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lindegaard View Post
But dude, you got a sleeping problem
When we talk about sleeping problems... Does anybody know if there's going to be Sleep Analyzer for Harmattan?

Edit: Nevermind, I found this:
This version might have new bugs or broken dependencies! As a preparation for Harmattan I switched from PyQt to Pyside.
So it has been worked on.

Happy owner of N9, the last Nokia smartphone.

Last edited by babraq; 2011-10-05 at 13:08.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babraq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yikes...
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4927/s...-in-video-form
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/05/s...entary-glance/
I suspect the Prime's gunna make the N9 & iP4S look positively dull
Wake me up when when when we can put a real OS on it, plz
If not, just another Prime time waste of precious earth minerals

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hydroponies View Post
I went to a (different) mobilezone shop in zürich today and was told (again) that the actual phones are arriving next week. they had a few N9 dummies for me to play around with though
Here is what i think of the colors:

"Magenta": it is pink. Really really pink. From the promotion pictures on the web i thought it would be more of a pastel-color (and a bit dull), but on the dummy-phone it was very flashy. (Maybe not for me^^)
Edit: on closer inspection the mediocre display of my laptop is to blame, the promo-pics of the N9 look much better on my Eizo screen

"Cyan": Brilliant, i love that color. It goes very well together with the deep-black screen (still a dummyphones screen though) Back looks good too, i had the fear the camera module would look awkwardly small when paired with a light color.

"Black": it looked disappointingly dull next to the other two colors. it also isn't really black, it is more like "dark grey", similar to (i think) the E7 and N8 "dark grey" versions. It looked meh compared to the deep black of the screen. Maybe a flashy lockscreen on a working N9 would help...

(The black dummy had some weird scuff marks on the plastic next to the "glass" screen which made me wonder if it's made of the same supposedly high-grade polycarbonate the production devices are made of, maybe they'll vastly differ in color too...)

I don't really know what to do now, i've pre-ordered a black 64GB version three weeks ago and it should arrive any day, but somehow it looks a bit dull (but still great compared to other phones) and i would kick myself if a few weeks from now there would be a cyan 64GB version available.

So what should i do? Is there any info yet on the (non)-existence of a cyan 64gb Nokia N9?
Same here in South East Asia, only black for 64GB. Arriving 7 Oct, just 2 more days
There's free bluetooth headset, BH 505 offered with it for those who pre-order 64 GB & not much price difference between it & the 16 GB.
I saw the display sets, looks rather classy actually.

There're silicone cases for all 3 colours, what you can do(and what I will do) is buy the silicone case & put it over the black, then it's looks like cyan/magenta N9

The Following User Says Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Same here in South East Asia, only black for 64GB. Arriving 7 Oct, just 2 more days
There's free bluetooth headset, BH 505 offered with it for those who pre-order 64 GB & not much price difference between it & the 16 GB.
I saw the display sets, looks rather classy actually.

There're silicone cases for all 3 colours, what you can do(and what I will do) is buy the silicone case & put it over the black, then it's looks like cyan/magenta N9
I got a black silicone cover with my N9, however after a few days of usage i've removed it because the swiping is better without the cover...

Originally Posted by babraq View Post
When we talk about sleeping problems... Does anybody know if there's going to be Sleep Analyzer for Harmattan?

Edit: Nevermind, I found this:
So it has been worked on.
How does the app know if you are moving? Is it like the "Steve-O + toy car trick" or is the camera on the whole night?

Last edited by Lindegaard; 2011-10-05 at 13:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
The answer still lies in that first link that you had not read.

Say "aaaaah", if you need me to spoon feed the answer.
Don't be shy.
If you insist on arguing that t-mobile has a small network in the US and is not using 1700 band then be my guest. I wont go with you to this sad ad hominem pissing contest.

Originally Posted by bbin View Post
It is not about caps. Tell me how many times you get the max speed of your network and your phone in 3.5G?

T-mobile for example uses 1700... Is it really rare?

As you can see from the list yes it is rare and It will be useless to me as I'm also not in the US so I will end up roaming on AT&T instead if I had a quadband.

Yes T-mobile USA use it but it is more a users initial network choice than a comparable spec. But if you're interested there is a T-mobile pentaband version of the Galaxy S2 with that band being released (October 12) called the Samsung "Hercules" specifically for T-Mobile.

Not sure what you are getting at but HSPA+ does equate to an actual speed difference. Sure you don't get the theoretical maximum but the higher theoretical maximum results in an actual real world speed gain over HSPA.

Regardless of where you live I think the S2 will outperform when it comes to actual cellular capability. For example if you were getting an S2 in the US you will benefit from WiMax and HSPA+ and can still roam outside the US. If you were outside the US you will still benefit from HSPA+ and can still roam just as well in the US.

Last edited by Cue; 2011-10-05 at 13:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Eastern Europe
babraq, vitaminj & Lindegaard (hope I didn't miss somebody) thanks a bunch.

Yeah, BIG problem. I'm currently rocking 3 alarms each morning, one every half hour (that's a nice total of 15 snoozes, one every 5 minutes) just to get me out of bed at around 09:00 AM. If i had to get up at 06:00, I think I'd be dead by now.

I didn't worry about the ringtones, those could be changed on just about any Nokia for the past, at least, half a decade. The rest on my list not so much...

This is what get's me up in the morning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16YgwWfRHGc
Unless I know I'll get too few hours of sleep and then I'll go for some breakore/darkstep, which could raise the dead...

The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre Manslapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Not sure what you are getting at but HSPA+ does equate to an actual speed difference. Sure you don't get the theoretical maximum but the higher theoretical maximum results in an actual real world speed gain over HSPA.
You still did not answer my question.

What I'm trying to tell you is that you won't benefit from HSPA+ speeds because 99 % of times you are not even getting HSPA speeds.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????