Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
i did a small testset pertaining OPP / FTP issues under Win7. Links for logs/dumps send per PM as usual.
I need syslog with bluetoothd enabled debug. It seems it ends in bluetooth not obexd. Strange I see nothing in hcidump Did you started hcidump before connecting?

BTW how you tried ftp over bluetooth from N900 -> Win7? There is some error in syslog.
Win7 -> N900 shos nothing

Please don't forget to answer also my previous questions.

Strange strange strange

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by luf View Post
I need syslog with bluetoothd enabled debug. It seems it ends in bluetooth not obexd.
Ok got the bluetoothd info needed here, will do.

Strange I see nothing in hcidump Did you started hcidump before connecting?
Yes i did enable hcidump before.

BTW how you tried ftp over bluetooth from N900 -> Win7?
Using FileBox' "Share" functionality.

There is some error in syslog.
You mean those lines?

-----8<-----
Dec 4 16:11:21 Nokia-N900 iap_conndlg 2.88+0m5[1568]: Connecting RFCOMM failed: Method "Connect" with signature "s" on interface "org.bluez.Serial" doesn't exist
Dec 4 16:11:21 Nokia-N900 iap_conndlg 2.88+0m5[1568]: Unable to send files to <Win7 BT MAC>
-----8<-----

Both devices are o'course paired, and N900 is set to "allow" for initiating and establishing connections to Win7 box. IIRC did test both with BT first set to "Connectable", then "Discoverable".

Please don't forget to answer also my previous questions.
Sure. I'm a bit occupied right now, also due to weather conditions i like it more being NOT in the car right now.

(As of this evening i will be going to Prague, and Thursday+Friday also being out of town, so i will probably test on the weekend then.)

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-12-12 at 09:39.

wiki has some troubles but I moved development packages to extra subdirectory. So it should be better now.
OK then, tried again with the use of SUU testing, first of all started with a clean install, re-flashed my phone via Lap Top running Win 7 Ultimate X32 bit.

Next updated the software via Nokia suite as the image I have on my lap top is a year or so old

Added SSU Testing, I am still not able to get remote SIM, yes I can see the phone numbers on my Car display (A Range Rover Sport) however I am still unable to view my SIM Contacts, only phone numbers, which is no use to man not beast.

So unfortunately my N900 is a play thing, pity as I do like the phone.

Last edited by sydeccles; 2012-12-12 at 14:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to sydeccles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by sydeccles View Post
OK then, tried again with the use of SUU testing, first of all started with a clean install, re-flashed my phone via Lap Top running Win 7 Ultimate X32 bit.

Next updated the software via Nokia suite as the image I have on my lap top is a year or so old

Added SSU Testing, I am still not able to get remote SIM, yes I can see the phone numbers on my Car display (A Range Rover Sport) however I am still unable to view my SIM Contacts, only phone number, which is no use to man not beast.

So unfortunately my N900 is a play thing, pity as I do like the phone.
Did you import your SIM contacts into your n900 phonebook?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Added SSU Testing, I am still not able to get remote SIM, yes I can see the phone numbers on my Car display (A Range Rover Sport) however I am still unable to view my SIM Contacts, only phone number, which is no use to man not beast.
Good you have latest obexd running so your N900 is supporting PBAP and IrMC profiles. No remote SIM profile or rSAP is supported.

I also don't know what do you mean with remote SIM. Does it mean you don't see contact names in car? Are you sure your car is supporting PBAP or IrMC?

If you want to try something more, please try to debug the obexd if the car is downloading the phonebook using PBAP or IrMC. It's described on wiki page: http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PBAP#Get_debug_messages (the Permanent way is easier).

Please send me the syslog output from the test (feel free to use private message).

EDIT: as far as I know the N900 doesn't support very well (if even) contacts on SIM card. For sure PBAP and IrMC support only contacts stored in phone.

Last edited by luf; 2012-12-12 at 14:56.

Yes, I have a backup of my phone numbers on my lap top, so installed them onto my N900 via Nokia PC suite.
I have just done the same install using the same back up onto an old N96, and it works perfectly, all contact names are visible on the car display.

The Following User Says Thank You to sydeccles For This Useful Post:
Sorry luf
I have just done another re-flash of my N900, so an not able to provide any info.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Wasn't it stated in the wiki (or elsewhere) that SIM backend isn't used for now?

SIM backend ????

Yes, I have a backup of my phone numbers on my lap top, so installed them onto my N900 via Nokia PC suite.
I have just done the same install using the same back up onto an old N96, and it works perfectly, all contact names are visible on the car display.
So you should have contacts in phone not in SIM card.

N900 doesn't work with car and N96 works. Strange.

I have just done another re-flash of my N900, so an not able to provide any info.
No problem. If you want to go deeper into this problem please provide me obexd debug output from syslog. Maybe we can find something interesting.

SIM backend ????
It means contact from SIM card and not from phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile