Originally Posted by delmar View Post
But here they say, they're testing it on Lumia 800.

P.S. sorry for the italian webside, but the link to the original post from there does'nt work atm.
Anybody can publish rumours. The website itself says it is a rumour.

Here's something more substantial.
Microsoft evangelist admits he misspoke regarding Windows Phone 8 updates

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Why I hate Elop:

I bought the N95 8GB (it was my first cell phone) and I loved it and watched all the Ipod and iphone guys that could not do what I can do. I shopped around on the internet and it had the most equipment in it.

Then I discovered the N810 and bought it. Boy I loved that thing. The nice big screen it was like a little mini computer and guys were hacking it, it was very enjoyable. I kept the N95 as the phone and the N810 as a tablet.

I ended up giving the N810 to my poor neighbor because I bought the N900 which was a phone. I really enjoyed that too but the screen was scratching and eventually the sim card reader failed I guess so I gave it to my friend who was just a temporary worker at the time as a wifi device. The N95 is sitting in my junk drawer.

When the N900 failed I bought the N8. I really liked it but the screen was small and by now I was really getting frustrated that Nokia keeps using slow processors and won't make the UI better on Symbian. I waited for Belle to come out but it was taking too long. I was hanging on every announcement by Symbian Foundation.
Then somewhere around this time period Elop makes the announcement that he is a Trojan Horse and now Symbian foundation is gone and Meego is also going to be barely tolerated as a once in a while side project. After watching all these videos on QT and getting all excited about future meego
products.
Well this made me really mad at this new guy. I was sure I hated him. So I got the LG G2x and gave my N8 to my friend and then he gave it to his girlfriend which later dumped him so now he no longer gets anything from me.
I really liked the LG G2x and used it for quite a while but then later the N9 gets announced as the last Meego device. I am in love with it and figure the community will keep it going even if Elop tries to destroy it and maybe later other manufacturers will see the N9 and N950 and make a similar device and meego will continue in the future and we will get a good device like an upgraded N950 in the future. But Elop kicks meego to the curb!! OMG now I really hate him.
Then a colleague at work wants me to marry her neice in the Philippines so we start talking on the internet and hit it off. I make plans to go spend 3 weeks with her and in the meantime my company lays me off but I already bought the N9 by having a girl in Denmark get it for me. It arrives right before my vacation so I end up giving the LG G2x to my girlfriend there (who later dumps me cuz I'm not Christian).

This is all coming from a manufacturing worker who only makes
+- 30k.
Then I start investigating China as the cause of my company laying me off and find they steal an enormous amount of technology from us and counterfeit an enormous amount of brands here and I find out Elop is moving production to Asia and laying off thousands. And he copies the N9 design for the windows phone and blocks the N9 from being sold here.

So now for sure I hate him. And then i keep looking at the sales and the carriers are boycotting him and he is firing the sales staff because of his destructive actions.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
If Chuck Norris would have been the CEO of Nokia, they would by now have owned the complete phone market, crushed Apple and Micro$oft into bankrupcy, taken over google and changed google into a bulk consumer appliances company.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Summary of your story: you are giving away (too many) gadgets.

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Why I hate Elop:

You got lay off ? come to Asia & work. Lots of multinational companies have opened up factories over here. We can show you around

Nokia will die with maemo, and maemo will die with nokia.

Its poetic.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Whatever, maemo on my hand, and its alive i dont care bout nokia things, yhey deserved it

Originally Posted by delmar View Post
But here they say, they're testing it on Lumia 800.

P.S. sorry for the italian webside, but the link to the original post from there does'nt work atm.
Let me tell you a little story too. Once upon a time there was this Nokia phone. This phone was so popular in the phone kingdom, things like the latest flash player, the latest VMWare, were all shown being tested on this magical device. It was even shown to run android apps as well as maemo ones. All the people in the phone kingdom lined up to get this magical Nokia phone. Then a wicked witch from the west cast a spell on this device and nobody in the phone kingdom with this magical phone got these things. Nobody in the kingdom was sure why. They all lived unhappily ever after.

The End

True story.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Specc, Lumiaman... in one thread.

I don't have enough popcorn.
Can I help ya?

Apropos of nothing, I stumbled upon this phone store in a mall here in Jakarta the other day..

You've gotta wonder about the merits of a phone when retailers are offering it alongside another phone released three years earlier..

Photo taken with my luscious N9, btw

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun