Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Scorpius do you have a date or size limit for the log file, or will it keep growing?
Thx men great work

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by renegade666 View Post
Scorpius do you have a date or size limit for the log file, or will it keep growing?
Thx men great work
While this is alpha the log will keep growing so you should delete it from time to time.

The version 1.0.0 will not have a log.

Originally Posted by pursueky View Post
I install the .10 version
sth seems strang:
1.I can send messages to the first one contact I open, when I close the chat window Yappari crashes and exit, in other words, I must open Yappari again.
2.I can't select a second contact because it auto exits.
there is my logfile link:
http://dl.dbank.com/c02sa8xbfi?a...
Please upload it to uppit.com. That site is asking me to register to download it.

Great APP....Thanks for the good work

The Following User Says Thank You to rnieuwl For This Useful Post:
Well here's an early release of Yappari. I had to strip down some things that where kinda working but they were not ready. Also I really wasted a lot of time with the chat window, so if you want to help with it read on.

Here's what this version has:

* Notifications stack to the correct chat window. Also they have a nice icon now.
* Basic chat history (only conversation history, not opened chats).
* Fixed the registration bug where Yappari gets confused when you used the same number in another device and loaded Whatsapp, and then went back to Yappari.
* Fixed a weird auto-rename of contacts in the second message you received from them.
* URLs are clickable now.
* Signals typing and stopped typing are now sent to your friends when you type and stop typing.

YOU HAVE TO REBOOT YOUR PHONE AFTER INSTALLING THIS ONE

http://uppit.com/wspikjaexwds/yappari_0.0.11_armel.deb

Now for the help part:

You might realize the scrolling is a little bit erratic when it loads more logged lines. Do you think you're up to fix that? Are you a Qt expert?

Here's a little project of the chat window I'm using right now. When you scroll up, it loads 10 more lines. In scratchbox you'll see it's nice, but in the N900 you'll see it sucks.

https://gitorious.org/chatareatest

If you can modify that and it scrolls smooth and nice in your N900, I'll take a look at it. I'm definitely not wasting any more time in the chat window.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-06-14 at 21:21.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
Thank you for your great job.

When I upgrade to the 0.11 version, the problem still exists.
However, when it displays I/O error, I can normaly open each contact and send message.

sorry for my english
http://up.ht/K6ow8e

Hello There... I'm nubie i want to ask for all user yappari.. are you have trouble with synchronization phonebook or just me only because after i entering create chat my phonebook reduced from 445 in too 219 and list phonebook at yappari under 219 not much... anyone please help me.. trims

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Hong Kong
0.0.11 has history now, good!
Although all my contacts are local numbers without country code, at least I can ask the friends to send me a whatsapp message so that I can keep a log for "opening" chat to them later on. :-)
By the way, before having contact synchronization, could you add the country code to phone numbers NOT having country code in addressbook for a quick workaround? Something like:

for each numbers {
if not ( number in intl format ) {
number = cc + number (cc already in yappari config file right?)
}
}

The Following User Says Thank You to lazyfai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pursueky View Post
Thank you for your great job.

When I upgrade to the 0.11 version, the problem still exists.
However, when it displays I/O error, I can normaly open each contact and send message.

sorry for my english
http://up.ht/K6ow8e
Looking at your log you're getting a lot of socket timeouts. It seems you're pretty far away from Whatsapp servers and your connection to them is pretty bad...

Originally Posted by viento23 View Post
Hello There... I'm nubie i want to ask for all user yappari.. are you have trouble with synchronization phonebook or just me only because after i entering create chat my phonebook reduced from 445 in too 219 and list phonebook at yappari under 219 not much... anyone please help me.. trims
Why, why people don't read the first post...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
"Fixed the registration bug where Yappari gets confused when you used the same number in another device and loaded Whatsapp, and then went back to Yappari."

So are we now able to connect from 2 devices or did I get you wrong? Is that possible?

Thanks you for your work

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp