Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
There's no privacy violation, Whatsapp is not wrong here, YOU are. The privacy policy says they save the status information, that's it. They are NOT saving who's querying who.
Ummm, they modified and improved a lot (in my opinion) their privacy policy past Jule 7th, but it's not aceptable by me yet. As popularly said "If You're Not Paying for It; You're the Product".

From 5 B: "...by submitting the Status Submissions to WhatsApp, you hereby grant WhatsApp a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Status Submissions in connection with the WhatsApp Service and WhatsApp's (and its successor's) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the WhatsApp Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels..."

Nowadays they don't do the same with all your messages, like in past policy revisions.

From Privacy Notice, Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice:
"revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. Your continued use of the WhatsApp Site and WhatsApp Service constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Policy and any amendments."

They won't notify you. Tomorrow they could change it and say that all your data is selled to spammers and you are focked. It would be easy to send you a notification throught whatsapp about it.

In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy:
"In the event that WhatsApp is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the (hopefully) unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used."

Other business assure you that in that cases they will ask for your acceptance of buyer privacy policy.

I'm a man of principles and I don't really want to give you a way to use the service they are giving you for FREE under conditions different than the ones Whatsapp Inc proposed.
Are you sure? From Terms of Service, 3 A (iii): "you will not attempt to reverse engineer, alter or modify any part of the Service"

Obviously it is your development I can can only ask, not require. That's what I've done. Now I am only replying to things about privacy that I firmly think are incorrect.

If you're concerned about privacy then don't use a cellphone, because every time you make a call your cell phone company will save that number as your contact. Don't use the Internet either, every time you type an URL dozens of computers are saving everything you do. Don't use Google Chrome they save your passwords so if you use Chrome in another computer you don't need to type them, etc.

... and I'm sure after a year you won't pay for Whatsapp anyway so you should just give up now.

Have you ever used an Android? the very first thing it does is synchronize all your address book emails everything with every detail to Google. Nobody cares about that but you.
My mobile company privacy policy is ok. I don't use Chrome, I have Chromium (that is equal to Chrome but whitout privacy ****) and I use Firefox with Addblock Plus, Cookie Monster, Ghostery, Priv3 and Flashblock to protect my privacy. I think that anybody payed for Whatsapp yet, do you know somebody that paid? I don't used Android but Google privacy policy is acceptable, I don't know if Android have something extra.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
You have issues. I suggest you should go see a doctor.

In the meantime just don't use Whatsapp ever again, and be firm with your friends about that decision.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-07-12 at 14:13.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Not sure if already reported but when sending a larger link then the chat window you are able to move the window from right to left.

This might also be a QT bug?

I hope these screenshots explain it well. Closing and re-opening the windows doesn't fix it. It fixes itself once the link needs to be loaded when scrolling up.

Yeah I've seen that before. GUI issues are the ones I hate the most.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Nothing to worry about, it's not something major anyway. Should be one of the last things on a to-do list

My problems with Yappari regarding the address book; no matter if it's a local number or the mobile one of a contact - they both can be chosen, no way to differ them as just the name shows up.

For example

+49 12345678 <- mobile phone number as it starts with a "1" - easy at least in germany, all mobile numbers will have a "1" except it's a service number.

+49 654321 <- number at work

+49 321654 <- number at home

Any way to just show up contacts that are registered with WhatsApp as the original client on Symbian does?

Thanks for your coding work!

RX-51 that's already implemented in the version I'm working on, that eventually will become 0.0.17. No need to put the plus sign anymore, contacts numbers can have spaces, dashes etc Yappari will show you just the ones that are registered with Whatsapp.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Istanbul TURKEY
hi.. i've just installed 0.0.16.. thanks for your efforts for us but i've a question: how can i see my contacts?? i also use java port but when i starts yappari it shows no number, no person??
thanks a lot...

Read the first post entirely and you'll find out.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Istanbul TURKEY
I've read it already... In java port i can see the people who is already added and i can add new persons too.. But yappari doesn't show them?? Anyway to add numbers with yappari, not java port?? Or another way to see my contacts??
Thanks for your return...

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp