Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
But, Insead, can you browse with a file manager all your files that are on your iPhone? I'm not asking about the OS files but about data files: ebooks, music and video files, etc. That's what's always bugged me most about it.

If yes, how?
Yup, you can browse around either through the terminal or through a free File Manager application. It does hower require you to spend 30 secs and jailbreak the iPhone. A process I have no issues with as I hated that the phone came so 'locked down'. Once jailbroken it's a wonderful device. Lucky N900 owners gets to keep those 30 secs of their life.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ san jose, california
wait...wait...wait...!

can't you all see what's going on here? this is a clear cut case of "Stockholm Syndrome"!

it's so obvious - apple and at&t have brainwashed the masses!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10414356-71.html

So far the only thing that works well on this hone is the browser. What and who is developing for this phone? Who has announced any major aps for it? I am not talking about people having a conversation at a conference. What has actually been announced so far?

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Originally Posted by Insead View Post
No I'm seriously interested. Please, list just five applications you'e shown people that showed them how 'a phone can be seriousoly used'.

Also, please if you can, add some .' and ,'
im not hear to change you mind sir cause I could careless what phone you want or like what you eat dont make me s*** if you can understand that me and you both know the iphone is "limited" to the things you do and can do at one time that alone is enough to make most of us power users insane im just a tech kinda guy and when I see a person who has a G1 i asked them is it rooted they say so I point them in the right place the same as winmo phone the emails I use to get from ppl asking me have I got any new cabs for them lol same with my nokia n95 8gb so please dont misunderstand me not wanting to write a novel of the different phones i used and how i used them to just please you and use ive used an iphone before and have itouch which is one and in the same and I must say its cool factor is nicebut waiting two mins for yahoo to show a new IM from a friend wont cut it at all buddy. Cheers and I spoke my peace about it cause if you 1st post is like the one you wrote its clear you just wanted a rise out of the maemo community

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It's a shame more people just can't accept that each user's needs are unique and say "to each his own". Instead we have to have naive generalizations and religious flame wars.

Sad.

Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
im not hear to change you mind sir cause I could careless what phone you want or like what you eat dont make me s*** if you can understand that me and you both know the iphone is "limited" to the things you do and can do at one time that alone is enough to make most of us power users insane im just a tech kinda guy and when I see a person who has a G1 i asked them is it rooted they say so I point them in the right place the same as winmo phone the emails I use to get from ppl asking me have I got any new cabs for them lol same with my nokia n95 8gb so please dont misunderstand me not wanting to write a novel of the different phones i used and how i used them to just please you and use ive used an iphone before and have itouch which is one and in the same and I must say its cool factor is nicebut waiting two mins for yahoo to show a new IM from a friend wont cut it at all buddy. Cheers and I spoke my peace about it cause if you 1st post is like the one you wrote its clear you just wanted a rise out of the maemo community
You sir, is a wordsmith.

I didn't read the whole pointless thread but...

Of course it's a dinosaur...

Wheee...

Seriously, a jailbroken iphone isn't half bad (darwin vs linux kernel, apps that are 3+ years more mature) but you'll want to check back in 2012 to see if
a) the world still exists and
b) the n900 has improved

I still recall the hacked vm for doing unofficial iPhone development for the first 9 months, before apple finally released their closed SDK. Good times.

Originally Posted by Insead View Post
I got an N900, I used it for a week, I've been reading threads here, decided I didn't like it, posted why I personally feel this device is a failure compared to the iPhone and walked the talk by offering it for sale.
Sorry if that was too much trolling for you.
You're so right - it's a failure. So I'll do you a favour and buy it from you. As it's as bad as you say, I'll offer you €250 for it. How's that? By the way, talking about dinosaurs - I love the way how you made your Father look prehistoric by selling his Birthday present to you,,, I think if my Son did that (No matter what the present was or indeed the quality of the present), I too would give him my blessing to sell it, but privately I'd probably wonder where I went wrong.

So to finalize the deal, just take a picture of the N900 for me. With the Iphone mebbe - but remember to take it outside or get some strong lighting in the room because as you know, your all dancing all singing iphone doesn't have a camera flash.

Originally Posted by pspbricker View Post
You're so right - it's a failure. So I'll do you a favour and buy it from you. As it's as bad as you say, I'll offer you €250 for it. How's that? By the way, talking about dinosaurs - I love the way how you made your Father look prehistoric by selling his Birthday present to you,,, I think if my Son did that (No matter what the present was or indeed the quality of the present), I too would give him my blessing to sell it, but privately I'd probably wonder where I went wrong.

So to finalize the deal, just take a picture of the N900 for me. With the Iphone mebbe - but remember to take it outside or get some strong lighting in the room because as you know, your all dancing all singing iphone doesn't have a camera flash.
a) please read the original post about offers to be sent via direct message

b) i'm fortunate to have a great relationship with my father. I'm truly sorry if the relationship you have with your son is, as you describe it, a bit insecure. Maybe you two should talk more often.

Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
True but the iPhone took the market by storm and changed the entire industry.
Yes - but for the better? We've gone from comparing phones by their features and usefullness to comparing them by the smoothness of their kinetic scrolling. Ultimately it's unimportant.

You cannot compare a Jailbroken iPhone to an N900. If you enjoy ripping off developers with your stolen applications - i.e. the kind of people who frequent this forum, you should go elsewhere.

Closed Thread