Notices

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Okay, so that Macross youtube video upload failed. That's okay since I took the video with the on board Vid capture which runs without audio sync and with a playback speed that vastly misinterprets the speed of what your recording.

I'll try to take a new video when I get home tonight.

In the meantime, I confirmed that using the recommended dynamic recompiler for the SH2 Interpreter crashes the emulator HARD. Gonna try a debug console to see if I can get that working as the Pandora boards indicate it greatly increases emulation speed.

Ive tried sonic 3D blast. Its starts loading up fine then crashes at the screen where sonic comes on. I used the dynamic recompliler in the SH2 settings also. Loading up to the menu though was suprsingly quicker than what i thought! I'll try a few more games and see what happens.

Thanks

Bubble Bobble closes not long after the Sega Saturn logo

Dead or Alive loads up to the fight but characters are invisible, not long after Yabause closes

Casper loads up to the language select screen, after choosing english, Yabause closes

Bust-a Move 2 crashes at Sega Saturn logo

Yabause isn't a perfect emulator. Even on x86, it's not working with all games. Check the Yabause wiki page for a title compatibility list.

EDIT: Here's the Pandora port's title compatibility page. Should apply to the N900 also:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Last edited by cddiede; 2011-08-25 at 12:37.

Okay, finally got a new video uploaded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8XqnK8yXDA

Here's the game Macross for Sega Saturn running on the emulator. This time I've overclocked the N900 to 1Ghz and enabled 4x frameskip.

It's an step in the right direction, but not by much. There's still not a great amount of CPU load, so the bottleneck is elsewhere. Can't help but think that the dynamic recompiler option would improve things,but that option still throws seg faults...

This is the speed it should run at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_VGuLmj-rA

Well, still getting a bogus memory allocation attempt when I run the dynamic recompiler option. But according to the Pandora port's page, it tells me this:

It should work on any Linux system with x11+gtk+sdl. The dynarec
will do ARMv7a or x86/x86-64.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Cortex A8 in the N900 should be an ARMv7a family chip, so we SHOULD be able to do this. Some Pandora users on the forums reported the same Bogus Memory error, but I never saw a resolution. I'm kind of stumped.....