Active Topics

I remember that I used to just install the Nokia Qt SDK and it would easily allow me to develop for the N900 using Qt Creator IDE and the Qt SDK.
Now, the Nokia Qt SDK does not longer exists (I think), so is there any way of getting the current Qt version to build on the N900?, or at least the previous Qt 4.8, or similar?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samontab For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by samontab View Post
Now, the Nokia Qt SDK does not longer exists (I think), so is there any way of getting the current Qt version to build on the N900?, or at least the previous Qt 4.8, or similar?
Unfortunately, it is not a trivial task to make the currently available versions of the Qt SDK work with Maemo. Luckily, you _can_ still find copies of the older versions that supported it; for example, at this site:

ftp://ftp.informatik.hu-berlin.de/pu...l.no/QT/qtsdk/

You'll want to pick up version 1.1.2, which was the last one with support for Maemo. You'll need to download the "offline" version of the installer (as the "online" installer looks for Nokia servers that no longer exist).

Also, after installing the SDK, you'll still need to open up the Qt package manager and have it pull down the Maemo toolchain. (I've not tested that in a year or so; I hope it is still available...)

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-03-10 at 11:55.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: