Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ a spot
I installed extra decoders support. kmplayer, mplayer, and flv videos run acceptably via kmplayer.

BUT, is there anyway to let the default media player play FLV videos? Even after installing extra-decoders, only kmplayer is able to play them, media player says video codec unsupported.

I checked the files, they are 640x480 so definitely playable.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
That's what I thought too but it's not the case so I think it's best if you just convert them into other playable formats (MP4?).

EDIT: Just in case you need some sort of affirmation: http://forums.internettablettalk.com...&postcount=201
marxian is the developer of CuteTube.
You can try his app so you won't have to deal with flv's from youtube.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Have you got ffmpeg and gstreamer installed?

http://zaheer.merali.org/articles/20...0-youtube-app/

PS:
mplayer from the command line will definitely play flv, but that's not what you're after, I know.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ a spot
Thanks, so it is either kmplayer, or cutetube, zoutube...
No go with the default media player?

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
No go for FLV format.
I got confused a week or two ago, blaming ogg support update (sorry for that one!) for my inability to play 360p FLV's which is smaller than what you are trying to play.
KMPlayer was able to play the 360p FLV though it's laggy and the audio and video are not in sync.
cuteTube will download the video in mp4 format, it's one of my favorite apps.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia
Im use PR1.3 and want to play .flv files but i cant. media player not supported. I have install decoder support v0.4 and my video just 360p. Can anyone help me? if i use Mplayer, when the video play, voice and subtitle is incorrect.
Please Help Me