Active Topics

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
could someone buy me one and send it over from wherever you are? Please.. there is nothing in NZ searched everything but only found 500minimum each order.

you guys do know about filing down the teeth on the male plug to reduce stress right?

The Following User Says Thank You to jerryfreak For This Useful Post:
surely you should be able to find a generic phone repair shop that would fix this. Saying that a lot of components just unplug.

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
surely you should be able to find a generic phone repair shop that would fix this. Saying that a lot of components just unplug.
Yes I'm taking it to Vodafone repair centre tomorrow. Going to cost a fortune Let's hope they weld a new one on. And When I get back I'll epoxy glue it so it won't ever break again.

Luckily I got 2 batteries and an external charger. For now I'm doing photos and stuff backup onto microSD and then erase my photos on my N900 so it will be private and confidential.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2011-02-01 at 08:51.

Originally Posted by mipo View Post
I'm from Poland (Wroclaw) if someone want i can help.
I'm from Wroclaw too and I would be verty grateful for help.

I did not find any way to send private massage or e-mail to mipo so I would like to ask for contact to wandb at o2 .pl

@wandb

I sent mail to you. Maybe I can help

Best Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to mipo For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

Big thanks to mipo Abil_uk and Texrat for all the helpful advice on this matter. My usb port broke yesterday and i felt like crying, one night without my n900 was enough so after much reading i have decided to the cable-way repair as my pads are gone. I have a friend who is going to do the soldering for me but i need a new micro usb i have found two differnt types for the job but was wondering which is best, ordered a few of each anyway.

http://uk.farnell.com/molex/47589-00...tom/dp/1568023 or http://uk.farnell.com/molex/47346-0001/receptacle-micro-usb-b-bottom-mount/dp/1568026[/QUOTE]

thanks for any replies and keep up the good work.

Last edited by reaper; 2011-04-05 at 14:47.

This

That ^

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Or just send it back to Nokia to repair, the N900 is covered by a 2 year warrantee and this is a known issue by Nokia. Use the Nokia support page to check the validity of the warantee.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by reaper View Post
Hi all,

Big thanks to mipo Abil_uk and Texrat for all the helpful advice on this matter. My usb port broke yesterday and i felt like crying, one night without my n900 was enough so after much reading i have decided to the cable-way repair as my pads are gone. I have a friend who is going to do the soldering for me but i need a new micro usb i have found two differnt types for the job but was wondering which is best, ordered a few of each anyway.

http://uk.farnell.com/molex/47589-00...tom/dp/1568023 or http://uk.farnell.com/molex/47346-00...unt/dp/1568026

thanks for any replies and keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]

The post above me gives you the best advice so please take it to Nokia care because i tell you it is NOT easy to do if your not a very good solderer, the tracks are tiny and you will have to link wire the pins to the nearest point on the motherboard.

When i repair one like this i never even try to pin to the tracks because they just lift as you try to tin them.

Send it off old boy because Nokia WILL replace your N900 i promise you ok.

PS DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO A REPAIR BECAUSE THEY WILL KNOW THIS AND NOT REPLACE.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-04-05 at 15:47.