Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
No forecast past Dec 31, 2014. Known issue?
This is the end-of-year bug. All will be okay tomorrow, just as it was last 1/1.

Happy new year!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
No forecast past Dec 31, 2014. Known issue?
Yes, it happens every new year:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1064

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
This is more what I was thinking. If I have started Meecast and I push the refresh button, I would like it to start an inet connection if there is no connection running. Currently it does nothing if there is no active connection.
Unfortunately this doesn't occur. When I push refresh and have no open or active inet connections, the app doesn't start a new connection. It sits there with "Updating forecast" for an indeterminate time.

Vlad.

P.S. It has been fixed in version 0.9.14[/QUOTE]

Vlad please note - This latest version is not in OpenRepos

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by blufone View Post
Vlad.

P.S. It has been fixed in version 0.9.14
Vlad please note - This latest version is not in OpenRepos[/QUOTE]

Hmm.
I did not create the version 0.9.14 for Harmattan.

Vlad.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Feature request. You know what I'd love? I'd love to see the meecast LPS info show me if it hasn't been able to update in a while. Maybe if one or two auto-update intervals passed without success. Some kind of 'stale data' indication. My N9, like many, loses its wifi link all the time, and it would be great to know if the current conditions weren't so current when I look over at the phone before getting out of bed.

I know it's not Meecast's fault that phone's connectivity is about as reliable as a drummer in a local rock band, but this would still be a nice feature.

And as always, thanks for the great app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Wow, it's been pretty quiet here.
Are you still working on the next Harmattan version Vlad?
Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to skyjumper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Feature request. You know what I'd love? I'd love to see the meecast LPS info show me if it hasn't been able to update in a while. Maybe if one or two auto-update intervals passed without success. Some kind of 'stale data' indication. My N9, like many, loses its wifi link all the time, and it would be great to know if the current conditions weren't so current when I look over at the phone before getting out of bed.

I know it's not Meecast's fault that phone's connectivity is about as reliable as a drummer in a local rock band, but this would still be a nice feature.

And as always, thanks for the great app.
This is interesting feature request. Maybe you can give an idea of how I can show about problem with autoupdating (maybe it will be some symbol).

Vlad.

P.S. But I don't have any free time to develop MeeCast for old platforms (Such as Nokia N9)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I have a feature request too. I'd like the lockscreen widget to be configurable. Now it has four icons: a bit larger one for the current weather and three slightly smaller ones with the forcast for the next three days. I would like the three to be configurable from one to seven (4 or more would expand the widget to two lines) and, most importantly, the interval to be configurable. Not just 24 hours like now, but e.g. 4 hours, 6 hours etc.

Posted in wrong section, moved to the proper place here.

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-03-05 at 12:49.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I have a feature request too. I'd like the lockscreen widget to be configurable. Now it has four icons: a bit larger one for the current weather and three slightly smaller ones with the forcast for the next three days. I would like the three to be configurable from one to seven (4 or more would expand the widget to two lines) and, most importantly, the interval to be configurable. Not just 24 hours like now, but e.g. 4 hours, 6 hours etc.
Did you mean version of MeeCast for SailfishOS on this post?

Vlad.

Tags
forecast, meecast, omweather, weather