Notices

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I'm currently collecting all your bug reports for 0.96. There'll be a 0.96.1 release before 2009. So let me know what troubles you with 0.96.
Should constant max CPU frequency be counted as a bug?
I'm still trying to figure out wtf is going on there inside launcher (it could be some maemo-launcher/python-runtime bug...).

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Ok, Just got the update to 0.96...

How do I add all tracks to the playlist?

Car Mode? I can' seem to find where to enable it.

Is there something special that needs to be done to the file structure to organize the tracks by "artist" / "album"? I have all my mp3s organized as follows: /music/artist/track. MBMC finds everything in the folder view but only shows a couple of tracks in album / artist view (same 2).

I can toggle random and repeat but they don't seem to effect the playlist?...

TIA

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

I think I am missing something with the track view in the music player. Earlier in a SVN version, the track view would sometime show the tracks on the left and cover on the middle, and sometime albums on the left and the tracks in the middle. But after downloading the 0.96 version, I have noticed that nothing happens when I flip between the two views. What I am missing ?

Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post

Car Mode? I can' seem to find where to enable it.
Try hitting the zoom button one more time . I believe that is what is referred to as 'Car Mode' - I found out by pure accident :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to stl1859 For This Useful Post:
I don't like this new vertion.
1. It's slower when starting than the old vertion.and the UI is too compler to control.
2.The CPU consume is greater,especialy when you play the video. Though it play video depending on Mplayer,but Mplayer is better,the later lower resource consume. In mediabox,When you quit the OSD of Mplayer,the Mediabox will ask you to exit Mediabox or not,but I only want to quit the OSD.
3.I can't control the music using the button of earphone.In the older vertion,it can control the music to PAUSE or PLAY.I think it will be better to add the double click to control "The Next Song"in the new vertion.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i will have to agree that the UI is a little more complex than it needs to be

Thanks for continuing to develop this app, I like it a lot. I'm still getting used to the UI changes but I think ultimately most of them are improvements.

I have tried playing a few movies (transcoded DVDs) and I have noticed that after a few minutes, the playback suddenly stops. I play the same files in standalone mplayer and this behavior does not occur. This is the only bug I've noticed, a few other comments are listed below for you to do with as you see fit.

When I'm in the music list and I add a track to the (empty) queue, it does not start playing. I need to navigate to the queue and start it playing there, which isn't what I expect. If that's the intended functionality, perhaps you could add another button for "play now in queue" sort of like iTunes has? A "play next in queue" function would also be nice down the road.

In the image viewer, is there a way to start a slideshow (i.e., automatically advance through images in the queue after a delay)? If not, this is not a high priority but it would be nice eventually. Another thing that would be nice is for the program to preload the next image in the queue so the transition is faster.

It is nice having the onscreen keyboard for searching but I find it a little nonintuitive. Let's say I am browsing music and I want to find a track with a particular name. I type the song name in but nothing happens unless I happen to have the tracklist for that particular album open. Is there some way around this?

Finally, while I like the "finger friendly" UI, sometimes it is nice to be able to navigate and start playing solely using the d-pad. Right now if I am browsing, the d-pad up and down buttons seem to be mapped to "flick up" and "flick down," while the center button does nothing. It would be nice if the buttons instead moved the "focus" from one item to the next/previous, and clicking the center button corresponded to "play." The left-right buttons could navigate between the list of items and the types of views ("by album" / "by artist" etc.)

Once again, great job, I really like how this app is coming along.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
The options to shuffle or repeat songs should be available in the upper tool bar not just only in the control panel. The way it is set now will make a user click three times to select those options instead of once, if it was selectable in the upper tool bar. Keep it Simple.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
seems like mediabox hangs if one try to open shoutcast directory without wifi active.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Telford, UK
I had a play with this app, and although it looked very good and had some very good features, it seems very complicated to add new radio stations, and is lacking in AAC support. I do like the interface though, and it looks as though it may be a two horse race between Mediabox and Canola to be the choice in media player for the majority of NIT users.
Keep up the good work.

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube