Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Granada, Spain
This is the Birthday issue I posted about yesterday - any idea why the new widget is missing out some of the birthdays the stock widget displays?

(This isn't the "Calendar doesn't display contacts' birthdays" bug introduced in PR1.2 - I've already overcome that, so you can see them in the stock widget and in the Calendar application.)
Attached Images

This is great! Just like the default one, but it works

Oh BTW I can confirm that as mentioned in the first post of this thread, removing the widget deletes almost all of the other widgets.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by benzo8 View Post
This is the Birthday issue I posted about yesterday - any idea why the new widget is missing out some of the birthdays the stock widget displays?
Yes, I know about this and I am working on that.
Could it be, that those missing birthdays are from contacts which
are more at the end of the contacts list?

nicolai

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Granada, Spain
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Could it be, that those missing birthdays are from contacts which are more at the end of the contacts list?
Unfortunately not... They're all pretty early on, to be honest - sorted by lastname, the latest is R and by firstname you can see it's J.

Another bug.
When editing calendars in the Calendar (e.g removing the Birthday calendar list from tiehin Calendar settings) while the widget is not active.
it is impossible to ee-placing the widget on the desktop. My other widgets disappear though, but the calendar widget just won't show up.
Deinstalling and reinstalling doesn't help.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Many thanks for this widget. If only the Nokia-supplied widget was open-source, you wouldn't have had to reimplement this from scratch!

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
Another bug.
When editing calendars in the Calendar (e.g removing the Birthday calendar list from tiehin Calendar settings) while the widget is not active.
it is impossible to ee-placing the widget on the desktop. My other widgets disappear though, but the calendar widget just won't show up.
Deinstalling and reinstalling doesn't help.
Thank you for reporting this.
You can remove the configfile
/home/user/.cal_home_widget
After that the widget should be visible again.

nicolai

Hi Nicolai, OK that worked. Thank you.

my problem still persists though. Only anniversaries/birthdays are shown, all other items from other calendars are nog shown. Even though they are selected in the widget...

Last edited by mtjioe; 2010-06-04 at 13:15.

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Nice work.
No I can remove my extra Calender icon that I need to get strait to Month view. Thx

Tags
calendar, calendar widget, shreddies